Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20, 2013, 06:44 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Wow. Again. Can't wait to see how this'll turn out.
Old May 25, 2013, 07:29 PM

My System Specs

Not exactly for this build but I sleeved the fans for my server today. Will likely just continue posting pics for it in this thread.

Old May 27, 2013, 03:51 PM

My System Specs

Got the new CPU block in today. Looks 11ty times better in person than the stock photos EK released for it. The frosted actually looks pretty good.

BUT it doesn't match my setup. So......

Got some replacement keycaps for a Steelseries 7G that I had sitting in the closet for the past 2 years. I ended up warping the original keycaps when I tried to wash them. Water was too hot . Unfortunately the 7G uses some non-standard keys so I had to use three of the stock ones .

Old May 27, 2013, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That frosted block looks amazing!

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old May 28, 2013, 11:38 AM

My System Specs

Threw the X79 in the Lian Li last night. Aircooled FTL. Those cable clamps will be staying until after I get the case complete. They really help w/ getting cable lengths correct.

Purolator lady was very generous to me this morning.

64GB of ECC. :D The plan is to do a 50GB ram drive over a network.

2 NIC + IPMI

ZOMG.
Old May 28, 2013, 05:31 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

jeezus. folding level over 9000.
Old May 28, 2013, 06:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice build man. I am thinking about modding my FDD XL R2 so it can hold a 420mm rad (3x140mm up top) but I am not sure where to begin. I still have my Half XM sitting outside waiting to be finished someday but I feel like I will just smash it to bits thanks to my dumb neighbour who had good intentions to help only to end up destroying a good amount of the case. Keep the pics coming and I might, just might find the inspiration to mod mine for a drop in unit!
Old May 28, 2013, 07:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks awesome think that ram looks familiar :p
Old May 29, 2013, 07:54 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Nice build man. I am thinking about modding my FDD XL R2 so it can hold a 420mm rad (3x140mm up top) but I am not sure where to begin. I still have my Half XM sitting outside waiting to be finished someday but I feel like I will just smash it to bits thanks to my dumb neighbour who had good intentions to help only to end up destroying a good amount of the case. Keep the pics coming and I might, just might find the inspiration to mod mine for a drop in unit!
I am not great at modding honestly. I don't like to do much more than drill and tap holes. I've botched up a few cases rather bad from mistakes while modding. I bought another Stacker 832 not that long ago and went to cut a hole for a 180mm radiator. Well I ended up messing up royally on my measurements and it is no impossible to mount the radiator and there is a HUGE hole in the top of the case.

Every window I've ever tried to cut was very uneven. So for this I won't be doing anything like that. If I need metal cut I'll take it down to a fabricator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Looks awesome think that ram looks familiar :p
Not sure what you are talking about.
Old May 31, 2013, 03:13 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I am not great at modding honestly. I don't like to do much more than drill and tap holes. I've botched up a few cases rather bad from mistakes while modding. I bought another Stacker 832 not that long ago and went to cut a hole for a 180mm radiator. Well I ended up messing up royally on my measurements and it is no impossible to mount the radiator and there is a HUGE hole in the top of the case.

Every window I've ever tried to cut was very uneven. So for this I won't be doing anything like that. If I need metal cut I'll take it down to a fabricator.

Not sure what you are talking about.
Well you just have to keep on trying until you get it right. The window I cut on the Haf XM is awesome except I friggin forgot to make the corners rounded up. Agh. I feel like I can resurrect that case sometime in the summer until I am satisfied and make a great thing out of it. I wish I knew where to go for metal fabricators because I would have them add another 140mm fan mount onto the top of my FDD XL R2 so I could mount a slim 420 on it and forget about NZXT H630.

And those 2 GTX 780s look lovely. Replaced mine with a Hydro Copper version (coming this Monday) with the intention of adding another in a month or two.

Tags
csq , ek water blocks , ekwb , grande bleu , haswell , lian li , mdpc-x , mod , pc-a77f , z9pe-d8 ws