Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2014, 05:12 PM

My System Specs

So I killed my 780Ti. Replacing it w/ a 980 Strix. Since i dont have a GPU I really cant do the acrylic so I am working on sleeving instead.

Old November 14, 2014, 12:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sick. Good work bud!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
i5 4690K @ 4.5GHZ
SLI GTX 670 FTW
8GB GSkill Ripjaws X 2133MHZ CL10
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 240GB Patriot Blaze SSD RAID0 :)
Lenovo P24q 24" IPS 2560x1440

Benq W1070 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block x 2, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old November 16, 2014, 06:52 PM

My System Specs

Thanks.

Finished off the 24-pin this morning.

Coolant that I may possible end up using for this build.
Old November 16, 2014, 07:41 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

This is a inspiration, cheers lowfat
Old November 16, 2014, 09:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Does Aurora coolant last long before degrading and gooping a loop now? Always stopped me even considering it before.

As always, top shelf work...

Unrelated question, are you up for renting your tubing mandrel kit and psu tester anytime in the nearish future?

Dick Kickem
Old November 17, 2014, 02:23 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Does Aurora coolant last long before degrading and gooping a loop now? Always stopped me even considering it before.

As always, top shelf work...

Unrelated question, are you up for renting your tubing mandrel kit and psu tester anytime in the nearish future?
Not sure if the Aurora will last. There are a lot of equipment that will not last as the particles find dead spots in the loop and fill them. My loop shouldn't have any though. But if it fails, I will be ok with it. As long as I got pictures and video. Then I'll move to the original dark 'grand bleu' coolant.

As for the bending kit, very bad timing. I need to do this rig then MAEL afterward. After Christmas maybe.
Old November 17, 2014, 03:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Not sure if the Aurora will last. There are a lot of equipment that will not last as the particles find dead spots in the loop and fill them. My loop shouldn't have any though. But if it fails, I will be ok with it. As long as I got pictures and video. Then I'll move to the original dark 'grand bleu' coolant.

As for the bending kit, very bad timing. I need to do this rig then MAEL afterward. After Christmas maybe.
I have always wanted to use Aurora, but my loops tend to be more complex than they need to be, so I have never bothered. I know that Mick was working on a more stable version but haven't heard much.

As far as the mandrel kit I am in no great hurry. Shoot me a pm like the last time and I should have no problem. As soon as spring hits I am hooped for time ;)

Dick Kickem
Old November 19, 2014, 12:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Awesome stuff lowfat.
Old November 20, 2014, 12:38 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
I have always wanted to use Aurora, but my loops tend to be more complex than they need to be, so I have never bothered. I know that Mick was working on a more stable version but haven't heard much.
This is actually Aurora 2, which has improved. But it is still not perfect. Due to the size and weight of the particles dead spots will always be an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Awesome stuff lowfat.
Thanks. Haven't seen you posting on HWC in a while.

Haven't done anything w/ the case for a few days as work and headlight modding has got in the way. But the sun and clouds cooperated for some better pictures. Still unedited. Life without a desktop kind of sucks.

Old November 20, 2014, 04:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice cable run lowfat and that black powder looks really good. It's a shame that your hole covering method didn't work, better luck next time.

I have been sick and now I am back, but nursing injuries that I suffered from getting rear ended in October.

Tags
csq , ek water blocks , ekwb , grande bleu , haswell , lian li , mdpc-x , mod , pc-a77f , z9pe-d8 ws