Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2013, 07:47 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post

And those 2 GTX 780s look lovely. Replaced mine with a Hydro Copper version (coming this Monday) with the intention of adding another in a month or two.
I'll likely be going w/ the EK Titan SE blocks. I want acrylic so it is either that of Aquacomputer. The Aquacomputers are too expensive and hard to get in Canada. Plus their non-active backplates are ugly. EK's backplates are by far the cleanest.
Old May 31, 2013, 08:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I'll likely be going w/ the EK Titan SE blocks. I want acrylic so it is either that of Aquacomputer. The Aquacomputers are too expensive and hard to get in Canada. Plus their non-active backplates are ugly. EK's backplates are by far the cleanest.
Acrylic would look good for sure. I hope you get the blocks. I was going to get the same thing but the hydro copper comes at $10 cheaper. I like Heatekiller blocks by they don't have one that covers everything.
Old May 31, 2013, 09:26 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Hey all... you do great work bro, it'll look awesome when your done...I know all too well the feeling of making those first few holes. I recently got a SM8 and was gettin' the old "Shaky Hand Syndrome" thinkin' do I really wanna do this?..lol...now its full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes! Its easier on my nerves and if I make a mistake that totally hoops the part at least with Caselabs I can re-order...lol. I was nervous about drilling holes to access the pump controls from the bottom of the case but realized if I messed up I could get another mounting plate. Good luck with the rest of the build!!
Old June 1, 2013, 12:30 AM

My System Specs

Swiftech Komodo blocks look really good. I actually may go w/ these. They are exactly the same as the Hydrocopper but with a significantly cleaner top cover and backplate.

Swiftech KOMODO-NV GTX series - PC Liquid Cooling Systems CPU Cooler VGA Water Block Heatsink Pump Radiator Heat Exchanger Kit
Old June 1, 2013, 06:08 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Swiftech Komodo blocks look really good. I actually may go w/ these. They are exactly the same as the Hydrocopper but with a significantly cleaner top cover and backplate.

Swiftech KOMODO-NV GTX series - PC Liquid Cooling Systems CPU Cooler VGA Water Block Heatsink Pump Radiator Heat Exchanger Kit
AND they have a specific cover for the 780!!!!
Old June 1, 2013, 08:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Cant you save a few dollars by getting a hydro copper? The blocks look very similar.
Old June 1, 2013, 08:54 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyea View Post
Cant you save a few dollars by getting a hydro copper? The blocks look very similar.
I am a stickler for clean hardware. The Hydrocoppers are not aesthetically pleasing to me. Especially their backplates.
Old June 1, 2013, 03:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
I am a stickler for clean hardware. The Hydrocoppers are not aesthetically pleasing to me. Especially their backplates.
You should wait until I get mine this coming week. I'll take very good photos with my iPhone and you can just be it from there. Don't forget that swiftech make the hydro copper.
Old June 2, 2013, 02:32 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
You should wait until I get mine this coming week. I'll take very good photos with my iPhone and you can just be it from there. Don't forget that swiftech make the hydro copper.
I have computer OCD. The backplate on the Hydrocopper is way too cluttered to me.

I worked on my server bench over the last few days when I could. First I drilled some holes to mount some Lian Li drive cages.

I spray bombed the bench and drive cages w/ some cheap paint I had laying around from work. The arcylic was in awful shape so even cheap paint looks better. Pretty much have the whole loop plumbed although the radiator isn't shown in these pics.

My fill port.

Where the pump and reservoir are mounted. Using a DDC-1T for this as I really don't need a high powered pump.

Word to the wise, don't use an abrasive cleaner on acrylic. Not sure what I was thinking. Thankfully it doesn't look that bad with coolant in it. I may order a new one.

The power button. I've had this bench for 3 years and it will be the first time I've had one. I've always used a screw driver to power on the boards.

At first was just going to do 9 drives + SSD. But I have this cage so I think I'll add it. 14 drives should be enough for a while.
Old June 5, 2013, 08:50 PM

My System Specs

Unfortunately the ES CPU's I have are not compatible w/ the Supermicro board I bought. So after I am pretty much done w/ the bench it has been scraped indefinitely. The Lian Li is once again on hold.

EDIT: No longer on hold. Returning the Supermicro 2P LGA2011 board. Ordered a G34 6128 + a single socket board for it. Still has all the features I need to make this a go though.

Last edited by lowfat; June 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM.

Tags
csq , ek water blocks , ekwb , grande bleu , haswell , lian li , mdpc-x , mod , pc-a77f , z9pe-d8 ws