Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 2, 2009, 06:36 PM
Allstar

The first test drive will be interesting for sure.... But I'm sure it'll pale compared to the weeks following when you-know-who tries to boil the iso.
Can't wait to see the clocks!
Old July 3, 2009, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 of 7 View Post
The first test drive will be interesting for sure.... But I'm sure it'll pale compared to the weeks following when you-know-who tries to boil the iso.
Can't wait to see the clocks!
I will be attempting to boil the Isopropanol right from the beginning.You must have read my mind......That's one of two major announcements today.

#1 : The first test setup will be the motherboard/cpu/videocard completely naked.No heatsinks anywhere.......

#2 : I have my coolant :

------

I'd like to thank Chemfax Products for supplying it.

I'm not sure where the other chemical companies are getting thier Iso , but Chemfax was the only one selling it for it's real value.....I saved 200$ , Thanks !!

------------

I'm out in the garage doing assembly now.

Old July 3, 2009, 12:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh.... do your neighbours know what's going on beside them?????? :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 3, 2009, 01:45 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
More importantly do the bylaw enforcement officers ??
With that much iso in the house you're prolly on all kinds of government lists by now...
I guess you could tell em your gonna have a bigass fondue.
Old July 3, 2009, 02:09 PM
Allstar

Uhhm, I must have missed what hardware you're planning on boiling the iso with.
Old July 3, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 of 7 View Post
More importantly do the bylaw enforcement officers ??
With that much iso in the house you're prolly on all kinds of government lists by now...
I guess you could tell em your gonna have a bigass fondue.
Nope , they don't , and they don't need too either.Pipe down you two !

Isopropanol is not a restricted substance.....And you have seen the work in this log to provide inert atmospheres where required.I am really not concerned about saftey at all , as I have spent the time and money on it already.Remember ,during operation it's essentially a closed system.

---------

I've done waaaaaaaay more scary things .

I just did some 'sealing' of one of my clients slate floors , and let me tell you this is frightening.

Top grade concrete/tile sealers are 'xylene' based acrylics.You have to do the work in full OV respirators , and blow out all the pilot lights (furnace,hot water tank) in the house as well as unplugging things like fridges/freezers......after 5 mins of applying this kinda sealer a 5000 sq foot house is saturated with xylene vapor...It's like applying gasoline to all your floors with a paint roller.Danger city.

-----

The first test rig is an Asus p5k-se , Intel E6600 , mushkin 'd9' pc8000.......I don't know what video card yet , it needs to be one with polymer capacitors everywhere.

------

I'm in the final stages of the piping/pump flushing and cleaning.I've actually started some of the insulation too.....

Old July 4, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ok. I spent the day in the garage.

Top and front of pump enclosure done ; You can also see the start of the insulation.....

-----

3rd motherboard mount done :

------

Test hardware mounted ! ;

----

More tomorrow.

Old July 4, 2009, 09:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

Looks awesome!

I was actually wondering for about 2 mins where the CPU HSF was ...
Old July 4, 2009, 11:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

maybe brain will let me clip a pin-wheel onto the CPU heat spreader.. haw

nice update man. you have some ideas for fastening the vid card to the tray? If you want.. i can prolly pillage one of my spare cases for a removable mobo tray and you can mod it for your upper tank?
Old July 5, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

Thanks !

----

The video card mount is taken care of , but thanks for the offer.

-----

I've got to leave the heatsinks on the mobo to get the test boots/install done , but once it's test time everything will be naked , no heatsinks anywhere.