Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2009, 05:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaiboi View Post
how much does the pump pull? the monitoring PC shouldn't draw much and iirc your not running SLI for the main rig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall86 View Post
It should run off of a double pull easily. Most power supplies do accept 240V as well. If you do not need your dryer for a little while, just disconnect it to make way for the thinktank :)
Here's the numbers ;

The coolant pump is 2.2 amps....The Vacuum pump is 3.5 amps...Lets' call the monitoring computer 200 watts....so 2 amps lets say.....The thinktank rig might be 300Watts at first.....so lets say 3 A......

Thats basically 11 amps , so technically , one circuit would do it.Like I say , it's no more of a power hog than the thinktank 1.

I'm doing 2 phase to separate the 'motor starts' from the 'processors'.....

Old June 9, 2009, 07:07 PM
MVP
F@H

Hey BrainEater I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but you need to put other stuff inside the thinktank other then a computer....such as a tennis ball (then smash it) and anything else you can think of
Old June 9, 2009, 09:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Haha I'm gonna ask for a ham sandwhich in that thing!
Old June 10, 2009, 12:02 PM
Top Prospect

Wonder how fast it could freeze a beer?

Maybe have Mythbusters do a review of their beer cooling episode....

Great people down at Chinook pumps BTW, had to grab a couple pond pumps from them in the past 2 weeks.

Any chance you might wanna rent out the Thinktank 2 for Overclocking runs?
Old June 10, 2009, 07:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

the waiver to rent the thinktank will take longer to craft than the thinktank itself. heh. I have lawyer friends tho Braineater... anything is doable
Old June 10, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sir Grinder is correct.

I cannot rent out the thinktank....The only OC runs will be made by me .... (assuming it all survives)

This is not a 'hobbiest' kinda thing.It's full on bleeding edge R&D on the commercial level.I'll be entering the world of 'unknown' physics with this one.....If I can make it run , it'll be like 5 world firsts.(afaik)

Old June 11, 2009, 12:10 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Sir Grinder is correct.

I cannot rent out the thinktank....The only OC runs will be made by me .... (assuming it all survives)

This is not a 'hobbiest' kinda thing.It's full on bleeding edge R&D on the commercial level.I'll be entering the world of 'unknown' physics with this one.....If I can make it run , it'll be like 5 world firsts.(afaik)

get guinness on the line!
Old June 11, 2009, 12:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Mmm. Guinness on tap...
Old June 11, 2009, 03:50 PM
Allstar

I've read the whole worklog and I must say very innovative ( If not courageous )
I can't remember reading what provisions you're using for the chip itself, I'm assuming a HS with no fan?
I remember the fishtank full of oil thread on another site and they left the fan in the psu under oil and it still worked to my surprise.
Old June 12, 2009, 11:43 AM
Top Prospect

I would also recommend possible contacting the Calgary fire department, see if you can have a truck on hand, "Just in case"
Closed Thread