Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2009, 05:47 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Keep the updates coming!
Old January 27, 2009, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_hawk View Post
It's quite entertaining to see a cooling system that's gonna be 10x the cost of the computer going in
Heheh

It's true.It's a costly venture , but the payoff is tenfold ,just from a "I like to build stuff and play" standpoint , not to mention all the cool stuff I'm learning..I certainly could not have done it without the help of a lotta awesome people.

It is an 'experimental cooling system' , built for purely research , so the cost is really irrelevant....It may not even work....who knows, but lets find out !!
---------

Update time.

The solvent recovery tank is essentially finished.

Input lines siliconed into place :

--------

Output line siliconed , Inner tank shown , de-stickered and cleaned :

-------

Inner tank installed , silicone seals 99% done :

------

I am crossing the solvent recovery tank offa the list.The only things left to do are purely aesthetic.......I need to get the Wildrose lable back on , and I am considering a plastic/rubber 'lip' on the top to cover the tank-to-tank seal at the top.

Functionally , it's done !

------

The main tank has had it's cure time so I'll be working on the next stage of the sealing between the glass.....as well as the insulation work.

Old January 28, 2009, 09:59 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post

Property of Coca Cola eh?
Old January 28, 2009, 01:07 PM
Allstar

I went looking back through this thread to see where your psu and hard drive are gonna live, and I think I found a wee bit of evidence as to what fuels your madness!
Attached Images

Old January 28, 2009, 01:18 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I just love your calibrated spacers...
Old January 28, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Tank looks great!
Old January 28, 2009, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Thx man !

I've got the final pic sans lable for yah at the end of this post.

-------

Heh.......calibrated spacers indeed....... ..those two tanks were not square to each other at all......I've removed all the shims , it looks good , close as I could get probably.

-------

@ death hawk :

Yea , all these kegs etc. carry a lable like that....The one yer looking at I bought from Wildrose breweries here in Calgary......the inner tank I got from a metal recycler...pepsi has the lable on that one , the big keg I have ( also from the recycler) is from 'Interbrew' (aka Heineken ) .......

--------

@ 3 of 7 ;

Hehe.

I would have thought the construction of all the resevoirs from keg's or half kegs , would have clued you in , but good eye man ! that's a 'Big Rock Grasshopper' beer cap.hehehhe.

---------

I have finished the solvent recovery tank , AKA : 'Dry Ice cooled , fast flow solvent condenser'..........

-----------

Old February 8, 2009, 01:42 PM
MVP
F@H

any updates braineater?
Old February 8, 2009, 03:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sure !

I'm about 3/4 done the tank to tank seal.....

--------

I really hav'nt done too much recently.....I've spent the last 11 days or so going through the computers I got from a salvage job , seeing what works/building working servers, etc......Buy the time I'm done , i'll have taken a full truckload of crap outta my garage to the recyclers.....I still have 5 rigs to checkout.

-------

I spent the day cleaning my 2 workshops , so I can forget about recycling and get back to fabrication.I've been doing the tank-to-tank seals for the last 2 weeks , I'm almost on coat 2.I'll have pics right away of this.

I'm also sizing/cutting the foam spacers for installation , I should be doing some work on those right away too.

Old February 8, 2009, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Every time I see an update, I can't help but think about the fuel mileage that the battleship Missouri used to get on a good day. Don't ask me why I'm always reminded of it, after all who wouldn't be happy with getting 6 feet to the gallon. lol

Keep up the good work BrainEater!

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Closed Thread