Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
MVP

Default Here's my new SFF rig!

Looks like the DDoS attacks and other shenanigans have finally ended, so here are a few pics of my new rig.

If the order the build was assembled in has no logic, it's perfectly normal, that's just the order I received my parts in.

P.S. after being a loyal customer at NCIX for 12 years now, I'm never purchasing anything there again@&^%
Attached Images

Old June 10, 2012, 08:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Very nice man.... soo what happened with NCIX?
Old June 10, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhatPaulie View Post
Very nice man.... soo what happened with NCIX?
My guess is their abysmal online order filling ability right now. Seems if you order multiple parts they all get shipped from different locations, in multiple shipments, all arriving on different days. Oh, and (at least for me) it's gone from a day or two to process orders to four or five.

Aside from that, the rig looks nice. The side of the Galaxy card is neat, gives it a bit of flash without being overly eye catching.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
MVP

<RANT>
They randomly cancelled my first order for god knows what!? When I requested a call back they just didn't call on the first day, and didn't send an email like they said they would if they couldn't contact you. Called them the next day, after w8ing on the phone for 3hours, finally got some frat boy answer me and somehow he managed to get the order fixed.

Next thing I notice is my credit card, got charged for nearly 500$ more than it should...So i go check my invoice, all deals/pricechecks had been stripped from my order! Took a week to finally get a hold of some1 to get that fixed and had to go through many different people claiming to be THE manager, all telling me that it was impossible to get refunded.

Finally got some1 who could cancel that order but, still lost all the deals I thought I had scored on my first order like a gigabyte windforce GTX 670 @ 399$ (I had ordered on release night, at this point all 670 were backordered and i didn't want to wait), 49$ deal on NH-D14, 2x 120GB Crucial M4s @ 100$ each, and free shipping.

So I settled for this build, but that's not where my problems end. They took TWO WEEKS to process my order, even tho all the parts where in stock at >10 units at their warehouses when I placed my order...meanwhile, some of these went on backorder and didn't ship until a month later. During all this time they took nearly a week to reply to tickets with the most vague responses ever and their call center was closed too.

With this delay of over a month from what I was expecting as an ETA for the parts when I first placed my order, I was already in the process of moving when the first parts started arriving. So I had to constantly go get the parts at the pickup center (10-15$ of gas and time wasted each time). Not to mention the parts arrived in 4 different shipments...

So yeah, not the best customer experience by any means. Not to mention all the employees I had to talk to were arrogant and just generally unpleasant people, like they were all on their man periods or something!?!?
</RANT>

EDIT: forgot to add that the rivet on the HDD cage has popped off, but I can't be assed to get it RMAed considering how much this build has already been delayed and also the fact that I would have to take the entire thing apart just for that. Not to mention I'm not even using the cage and its just an air duct/gpu support for me.

On a brighter note, the 580 has been OCed to 900/2244 and the CPU to 4.8Ghz

Last edited by BrutalGreen; June 10, 2012 at 09:44 PM.