Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2012, 11:27 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Congrats Luciel

I was wondering if u could post a pic of wires going to graphics cards
curious how that looks

great job
Old August 6, 2012, 05:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Cheers mate, I can and I will once its done, I havent got to that point yet, still fixing the leaks : )
Old March 29, 2013, 03:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hi Everyone,

After almost a year since I started the project, it is now Finished.

Since October Iīve been adding paint effects, ink effects, done some detail changes, added missing details and essentially obsessed over there damned thing. Following the original idea I did 2 casings, one for the psu and one for the gpus, unfortunately I just wasnīt happy with them, I felt they changed the overall look to much. I never wanted it to look clean as it simply doesnīt fit the post-apocalyptic style so in the end I opted for a rough way around it. The last 4 PSU connectors are bare and inked cabling for the GPUs. Iīm sure quite a few of you wouldīve proffered casings but I feel this way is what suits the style of the project best.

I also pretty much "coated" the whole thing with a mix of inks that took me a month to get right for a more old-n-gritty feel as while I was very happy with how the faux wood effect turned out, I felt it didnīt much the rest of the oxidized copper effects, this slight effect ink helps blend these two together and really make it look like itīs been around for a hundred years. If you compare these final pictures to the previous update pictures youīll find you canīt exactly point why, but youīll understand what I mean (or at least I hope you will :) )

I also realise thereīs no SLI bridge, this is simply because Iīve misplaced mine and didnīt want to wait till I ordered a new one to make the final pictures as I didnīt feel it was that important and... I really needed to end this stage of my life.

APASF is the project Iīve always wanted to do ever since I started painting and modding and while there are somethings that NOW I may have done differently, Iīm extremely happy with the final outcome, Iīm also relieved itīs over, it's taken a huge toll on me and in the end, it was more of an obligation and obsession rather than something I enjoyed doing as sad as that may sound.

Iīd like to thank my sponsors for being so patient with it as itīs taken 6 months more than I originally thought it would and of course for being there with me all the way.

Right, without further wait, here is the final shoot of APASF "A Post-Apocalyptic Steampunk Future".

Thank you all for reading through this long worklog during what for me has been the hardest project Iīve ever done!

Until next time,
Luciel
Old March 29, 2013, 11:27 PM
Top Prospect

friggin awesome. Good job!

RFD Trader Feedback
My Heatware
Old March 30, 2013, 06:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Cheers! :)
Old March 30, 2013, 07:30 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Way cool!
Old March 30, 2013, 08:21 AM
MVP

My System Specs

very unique build

great Job!
Old March 30, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Awesome! Great job! Though, I don't recall you mentioning how the temps are? I'm really curious to know if you attained a truly passive CPU cooling solution there?
Old March 30, 2013, 09:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks a bunch guys!

I donīt have the GPU temps as didnīt have the SLI bridge handy, I can tell you that one single GPU active (even with the inactive one mounted underneath) didnīt go over 62c in 3dmark vantage and the CPU didnīt go over 68c, so itīs nowhere near ideal but I think itīs not bad for a passive setup (cpu temps tested with a 4 hour run on prime95)
Old March 30, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Wow. 68c on stock clocks? I was sure all that copper and those two rads would have been a little better than that.