Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/)
-   -   Really badly need help! - Computer Fan Failure): (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/54105-really-badly-need-help-computer-fan-failure.html)

AdamHuw May 10, 2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaflyx3 (Post 628158)
sounds like you killed the fan header, have you tried other ones? Either way i would RMA the board.

Yeah I have bought a new fan if that is what you mean? It didn't work on my computer and I know its not the fan that is faulty because they both work on my other computer. What do you mean RMA the board?

AdamHuw May 10, 2012 05:45 AM

Infact, if this helps forget everything that I have said.
I think it is just the socket thing for my fan becasue everything else works perfectly, the computer boots up, all the sockets work, USB ports, my other fans are fine and running smoothly so does that mean it is just the socket park so I could buy a new one and re solder it or something?
I'm not too keen on going out looking for a new motherboard because I really don't have the money at the moment since I've just bought a bunch of things for my computer. If there is anyone who knows of any way, please help me!
I'm willing to try anything that I can to fix this and get my back fan working.
If it helps, I could post up an image of my motherbaord incase there is anywhere else I am able to put my fan? :( !

sswilson May 10, 2012 05:48 AM

More than likely it wouldn't be the socket, but instead would be the circuitry for the fan header which isn't user repairable. You'd have to return it to the manufacturer for replacement if it's still under warranty, and if they didn't question you on how you damaged the motherboard. (this isn't a part failure, you did it yourself).

Bottom line, from what you've described, it's not user repairable.

Tim_H May 10, 2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 628179)
More than likely it wouldn't be the socket, but instead would be the circuitry for the fan header which isn't user repairable. You'd have to return it to the manufacturer for replacement if it's still under warranty, and if they didn't question you on how you damaged the motherboard. (this isn't a part failure, you did it yourself).

Bottom line, from what you've described, it's not user repairable.

I'll second what sswilson said. It's not something that's going to be user replaceable. you should return it to the manufacturer (RMA). Information on sending it should be available on their web site.

AdamHuw May 10, 2012 04:42 PM

I can't take it back or anything because I bought it about a year ago from a friends dad..
He had the computer for roughly 2 years and doesn't have the manual or any information on it..
So from what you's have just told me, I'm screwed!

sswilson May 10, 2012 04:44 PM

It sounds like everything else on the motherboard works fine... just don't use that particular fan header, and if you need more then use an adapter to plug the fan directly into a PSU molex connector.

supaflyx3 May 10, 2012 04:47 PM

As sswilson said, you can use a molex adapter, or even a y connector that allows you to run 2 fans off 1 header.

AdamHuw May 12, 2012 03:37 AM

Thanks guys!
I'm going to go and order myself an adapter now!
Thank god I signed up for this forum or I would be buying myself a new computer:D!

AdamHuw May 12, 2012 04:05 AM

Okay, so if I order this adapter, it looks like it has one main part which connects into the board then 3 other adapter bits.. Do they let my plug multiple things into it? Because there are 3 would that be 3 fans? o__O Little confused here!
BitFenix Alchemy Molex to 3pin x3 Fan adaptor 12V 20cm - Green [BFA-MSC-M33F12VGK-RP]

sswilson May 12, 2012 09:09 AM

No part of that plugs into the motherboard, the larger plug goes to your power supply, and then up to three fans connect to the smaller plugs. It'll be perfect for what you need so long as you like green..... :)