Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
Default Ideas for a new project?

Not sure if this is the right section for this.

I recently built a system in a cosmos that I did some light modding to and really enjoyed it. I'm staring to toss around the idea of starting another project and am fishing for some ideas and input.

I was going to do a HTPC for myself but decided to put the home theatre on hold for now because I think I'd really rather have a milling machine.

My thoughts right now are to make a Lanparty rig, i.e. small and portable. I'd be doing a full gaming system with the exception of probably having to use a mATX mobo and of course water cooling it and having enough cooling for a little OCing. I've looked at a lot of cases and the the ones I like right now are the Silverstone SG03, Apevia qpack2, Lian li PC-V350, and maybe the TT lanbox lite. But really leaning towards the SG03. I think it'd be a good challenge to squeeze a full WC system into these.

Nothing is carved in stone yet if even I do decide to do it, as I say I'm just fishing for some thoughts. Any to offer?
i7 4790K @ 4.8GHz w/EK Supremacy Evo
MSI z97 Gaming 5
2x 8GB Gskill Sniper 2133 @ 2400MHz
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Still rockin' the Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old April 3, 2008, 05:27 AM

My System Specs

I have an X-QPack2.... can't say it's really the best choice - I only got mine because it was a deal through a friend but other than that the case isn't really a quality item at all. Id recommend the SG03 or the TT Lanbox (with the pretty Alu handle on top) since I've seen pictures of both rigged with WC loops.
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Old April 7, 2008, 06:07 PM

Doh !!! I have a deal for you ... lol ... except it's an apevia q-pack2 case, CMetaphor is right there are definately better quality SFF cases out there but the Qpack is a good choice for displaying a fancy watercooling setup with windows on both sides and top.

Apevia Qpack2 case w/500 PSU,
Set of New Zalman waterblocks - CPU, GPU & GPU RAM (Matching NB waterblock avail @ NCIX)
Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard (Currently the best mATX MB available)
Swiftech Res/Rad combo

$235 Delivered.

PM if interested, email newhall@telus.net for pics