Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15, 2008, 06:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Looks great!

Nothing like knowing your stuff is on the back of the truck. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 15, 2008, 10:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

so my stuff arrived at my work today. Man it looks nice. I can't wait to start building. The white gloss looks very nice. I think i need to get some white paint for the ugly black parts of my build :D

Old April 17, 2008, 05:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

So I have now gotten around to installing the water cooling, and hardware into the h2go case. I had to make some changes. Such as the dual heater core is way to big for this case with a crossfire/sli setup. So i had to use my smaller thermochill pa120.1 i had kicking around. First up are some gratuitous product shots :D

The first step, after removing all the bloody screws. yes there are alot. About 12 for the top panel. And get some fans in there.

Once i got the fans mounted it was time to mount the rad. Unlike in the picture the fan is actually on the outside of the case as i ran into space issues.

IN this picuter i have installed my 650W trio PSU, 500GB HD and 5.25" bay pod. The bay pod was by far the most difficult to install.

Once i had that done. i set it aside and decided to get the water blocks installed on my video cards. Suffice it say these EK blocks are works of art.

And no those aren't aluminum blocks. These are actually EK's nickel plated 3870 blocks. The pictures don't do them justice.

What my old boring video cards used to look like.

what they look like naked, :naughty:

And finally when they are all covered up in their new threads.

As you can see in the above picture i couldn't use the VRM cooler as the holes didn't line up. but instead io found some heat sinks for the VRM modules and attached them with Arctic Silvers thermal adhesive. Great Stuff.

Finally i installed the D-tek fuzion. I love this block.

With the tubing all connected up hear is what it looks like internally.

Now i got this special filling syringe and let me say if anyone out there doesn't have one of these you need to buy one NOW. it was super easy to use and fits perfectly inside the Danger Den fill ports.

All i have left now is some finishing touches just waiting for them to arrive but otherwise it's done. As far as temps are concerned i can't complain. VC idle around 29 and 35 degrees respectively, cpu and motherboard around 30. Under load they don't get much higher low 40's all on a single fan rad :D

Old April 17, 2008, 06:27 AM
Top Prospect

Wow very nice setup and good looking case, Cant wait to see your finishing touches.
Those thermal take fans 78cfm!!! ftw with all those blowing it could prob blow the fur off your puddy cat =)

Keep us updated with more pics and performance

Primu$
Old April 17, 2008, 10:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

and those are the low powered ones :D the black fans you see that look really thick are. They are my Scythe Ultrakaze out around 133CFM :D makes everything nice a loud :D. In regards to my puddy cat. Right now there are no fan grills on it so she has taken upon herself to sniff them while they are spinning :D stupid cat.

Old April 17, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I love that case, great looking build. I use the same heatercore except for x2, looks nice with a little silver metal paint.
Old April 17, 2008, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

originally i was going to use a heater core but discovered it does not line up properly so used a thermochill rad i had from a previous build. IN regards to thermochill rads and monster mod cases. The 2 fit like a glove. I got my CCFL lights (red of course) and my chhromed fangrills. Time to finish this build so i can start the work on my next project. and of course take some finished pics :D

Old April 17, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I finally received the last of my equipment for this case. my fan grills and CCFL lighting.

the CCFL is a standard kit that includes an inverter, 2 12" tubes, mounting hardware, and a switching harness.

Here is what the look like when powered on.

Case without fan grills

With fan grills

Case with CCFL lights off

Case with CCFL on

And this concludes my project log. Keep an eye out for my next project Code named. BigA$$Nas.

Old April 17, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primu$ View Post
Wow very nice setup and good looking case, Cant wait to see your finishing touches.
Those thermal take fans 78cfm!!! ftw with all those blowing it could prob blow the fur off your puddy cat =)

Keep us updated with more pics and performance

Primu$
Here is some preliminary testing i have done at stock speeds. My apartment hasn't turned on our AC yet so OC'ing is not where i want ot be yet. But when the AC comes on all hell is going to let lose :D

Old April 18, 2008, 06:25 AM
Top Prospect

really great overall temps with your whole setup!
<3 it!!!
Superb job and creativeness with your project keep up the good builds and GL with your next project!!!

would you mind giving us one more shot of its internals with the WC setup? unless everything is bolted shut, nvm =)
Thanks

Primu$