Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2012, 02:12 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Nice build thus far.

Bitfenix cases have really grown on my lately.
We better not be a wort or a pimple where you'll just get rid of us
Old April 29, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Nice build thus far.

Bitfenix cases have really grown on my lately.
Thanks :D. Same here. They have a couple more interesting cases coming out soon. Ghost and Prodigy are the names I believe.

I actually started my first ever build last year with a 650d which has morphed into this. The 650d was great but simply too frickin big for me. I like compact. So I moved down to a Fractal Define mini. Great case again but ended up being a little too small and lacked a window. I really like to see my components. So I found my sweetspot in the middle with all the features I need with a sleek simple look and a window at an AMAZING price. To tell you the truth what got me started was the Bitfenix Shinobi giveaway contest on this site. I was soo excited and channel all of my positive energy(the secret) into winning it but it didn't work hahaha. Then SoullessOne21 showed off his wifes white and blue shinobi which made me like them even more. Then I seen techsourcetv's unboxing on youtube and OC3DTV's mod and wanted it even further until the point where I found myself clicking that button the NCIX website. Ah well, the way she goes.
Old April 29, 2012, 02:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post
We better not be a wort or a pimple where you'll just get rid of us
Of course not!

But, I think you guys need to make an aluminium case. *nudge nudge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Thanks :D. Same here. They have a couple more interesting cases coming out soon. Ghost and Prodigy are the names I believe.

I actually started my first ever build last year with a 650d which has morphed into this. The 650d was great but simply too frickin big for me. I like compact. So I moved down to a Fractal Define mini. Great case again but ended up being a little too small and lacked a window. I really like to see my components. So I found my sweetspot in the middle with all the features I need with a sleek simple look and a window at an AMAZING price. To tell you the truth what got me started was the Bitfenix Shinobi giveaway contest on this site. I was soo excited and channel all of my positive energy(the secret) into winning it but it didn't work hahaha. Then SoullessOne21 showed off his wifes white and blue shinobi which made me like them even more. Then I seen techsourcetv's unboxing on youtube and OC3DTV's mod and wanted it even further until the point where I found myself clicking that button the NCIX website. Ah well, the way she goes.
I have a MM pinnicale 24 currently and its far to big. I'm thinking about going smaller and running an external setup. I'm eyeing a Cubiteck Magic cube at the moment but that may change depending on what else I can find.
Old April 29, 2012, 02:46 PM
Manufacturer Rep

I can tell you that the Prodigy is really close.
(and so are the fan controllers )
Old April 29, 2012, 03:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Thanks Adzask. I was thinking more along the lines of a rubber border for the fan but duh, washers is so much smarter. Glad to see your gt's being put to work soon?
About time Hope you convert like me and my friends have, I will never use another fan again, unless it needs to be a 140mm, then it's a Ty-140 from thermalright, looking good. I'm to scared to hack my old case up, it might collapse hahaha.
Old May 9, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Alright! Woo! Got the rest of my parts today! Just waiting on a reservoir from a member here and then I'm good to go! I got my washers to space the fans from the grill. No more noise. A couple more bitfenix alchemy extensions. Frozen CPU sent me some m4 thread 5mm screws since my original order was missing some, but now my order is missing a single frickin screw... AGAIN! ugh. I was about to put in another order for 3-400 dollars worth of silly goodies and mods and lighting and crap but now I just don't know.

Anyways here are a few pics.

Oops forgot to take my keys off my desk.

A few angled fittings for ease of installation.

Fitting out of the package with one of the hose clamps.

The lonely Hose clamp that has no screw. 1 out of 12. This is unacceptable being my 2nd order with missing component(s) and both orders have had missing components, not to mention they are international orders.

Puuuuuuuuurple......

Sorry for my QQing. Somebody gotta hear it!

Stay tuned for updates late night tonight
Old May 9, 2012, 02:15 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post
I can tell you that the Prodigy is really close.
(and so are the fan controllers )
Sorry for the thread hijack, but keep an eye out for my build log involving one of those beauties once I get my hands on one .
Old May 9, 2012, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
Sorry for the thread hijack, but keep an eye out for my build log involving one of those beauties once I get my hands on one .
No problem I would love to try a wc'd mini itx in the prodigy...... if I had tons of money.
Old May 12, 2012, 04:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ok I tried to work on this project but I keep running into little problems. I have only made little to no progress.

The clamps I purchased are too small for the tubing. I don't know if they sent me the wrong tube or if these are just not advertised properly but they were advertised for 1/2" OD tube. So now I have 3/8"-5/8" tubing on the way from dazmode. Also blue alan head screws on the way for the Phobya clamps. :) will be same color as seen in pictures below.

I also set up a test loop outside of my pc to test out my pump only to find out it doesn't work. I tried it with a spare power supply with a jumper pin from green to black. No go. Then I moved the test loop to my PC, booted up... nothing from the pump. I bought the pump off a forum member locally along with an XSPC raystorm water block. I hope the raystorm isn't also defective somehow. I just sent him an email to see if he will make right, if not I will just have to take the loss and order another pump.. and wait even longer. :(

As for my little progress I have made I got my radiators flushed out and fitted into my case. Surprisingly the 360 had very very little particles compared to the 120 rad. I didn't have the proper tools for these type of screws so this is what I had to do. It was a PITA to try to get my fat fingers in there and turn that bit.

Oh ya. Also shiny new video card. I can't wait till they make a full cover block for it..... .not that I would be able to set it up yet anyways. :(

I really wish I didn't run into these problems because as fun and exciting as this is nothing will exist once Diablo 3 comes out.

Last edited by Pabz0r545; May 12, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So now that my OMG D3 just came out!!!%!% hype is over... I decided to work more on my comp and take some pictures. I actually assembled my loop right when d3 came out but I never bothered to take pictures because I am not happy at all with the way it looks.

It didn't turn out at all how I wanted it, but it is still quite far from being finished. I purchased 100 bucks worth of bitfenix Alchemy cables. They were nice but it made cable management a bitch to do so I ended up ordering the custom corsair kit. I am really happy the way they look. I was unable to mount my 120mm radiator inside the case at the rear. I am going to sell it and purchase one that fits. I didn't even think to check the dimensions when I ordered it. These HWLabs radiators have a 'wide' casing to them.

I am still waiting on the GPU blocks to hit stores and I bought a new reservoir. I don't like the way the current one looks. I also don't know what I was thinking going with purple coolant. I thought it would look good to offset the blue somehow but no, definitely going to switch to blue when I put a gpu block in the loop. I also need to replace the window with a plexi without fan holes in it and possibly change the front logo. I've got some good ideas for that but haven't taken action yet..... /lazy

My 4 hour long 24 hours leak test.

Here is what it looked like before I replace the cables. Really can't tell that much of a difference except what comes out of the PSU at the bottom.

The back was a mess, it took a while to do the cables. PS... I F***in HATE YOU MOLEX! Thank god I don't mess with sata power cables.

I took a picture of the alchemy cables next to the corsair. I really like the look of the Alchemy cables better but a sleeved cable > sleeved extension cables.

And here is the computer after cables replaced.

And here is the nice new Danger Den reservoir I will be mounting to the radiator. It should clean up the insite quite a bit...... if I can find out how I am going to route the tubing now. That's going to be another challenge on it's own.

Last edited by Pabz0r545; June 23, 2012 at 07:39 PM.