Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Haf X XSPC RX360 Rad Question

Hey Guys,

My rads came in today and I mounted my RX360 into my Cooler Master Haf X Case, only issue is is that the mounting screws push the rad way far into my drive bays which wasn't my game plan...

I want to mod the rad and case such that the rad is pushed as far back against the case (Where the hose inlet plugs are) and where the motherboard back panel is.

Only issue is is that I don'e have my motherboard yet and not sure if it will interfere so I hope you can give some insight.

From the back fan on the radiator to the back hole on the case is exactly 2inches

Mother Board: Asus Rampage IV Formula

Case: Cooler Master Haf X

Radiator: XSPC RX360

Old April 12, 2012, 02:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

drive bays are a sometimes sacrifice with the Rads in the HAF cases.

here's my 932 with a 360 in the roof and TFC 55mm shroud fans

lots of room to maneuver... but you'll need to drill holes to fit.
Old April 12, 2012, 03:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Sorry I must've not been clear. It's not the drive bay I care about it's that the rad plugs (where the fittings screw in) don't line up with my pump here are some more pics:

In your picture would the be enough room to push it back in the direction of the arrow?

Old April 12, 2012, 03:11 PM
MVP

My System Specs

DERP. sorry, can't see your pics d/t work websense blockages. home time 1945EST. I owe you a beer
Old April 12, 2012, 05:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I measure that distance to the back is 50mm.
and there's all kinds of space to fit it.
problem is at the front there is a 90mm overhang into the drive bay.
could still be tight ...

and ah, thanks for pointing this situation out.
looks like I might have a similar situation to work out this month.
hopeful we can work it out.
Old April 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It should be doable with two triple rotary 90 degree fittings from Bitspower, a set on the radiator and a set on the reservoir, with a small piece of tubing between. Might want to opt for 3/8" since it'll be a tight bend.
Old April 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks JD, any insight if I am able to move the radiator against the back of the case? I wish I had to motherboard so I can see where it lines up....
Old April 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Honestly, I can't say for certain. I would pay close attention though to that EPS12V connector in the top left corner of 99% of motherboards though. You want to make sure there's ample room to get that connected without hassle.

I know with my Cosmos II the radiator hung down just to be in-line with the edge of the motherboard and it was too tight to get anything plugged in.

Are you mounting the fans internally like that? If so, it doesn't appear a motherboard is going to fit at all. If the fans cannot fit on top, outside of the steel frame of the case, then I'd say you'll have to drill new mounting holes or make a bracket to hold the radiator close to the windowed side and move it as far back as you wanted.
Old April 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you look at the top of the case picture the rad is centered so there is an air space behind it for the motherboard. And yes the plan is to mount them internally there isn't enough room to put them above . I ordered my motherboard yesterday so I will throw a update when I find out what happens!
Old April 23, 2012, 09:52 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I had a bit of an issue with my RX360, I mounted internally and was able to get the 12v power cable on the board, but it was damn tight. I also removed the 2nd fan in order for my memory to fit, a bit of a nightmare all together but I got it in and is running fine.

hind sight, I would have opted for the RS360 -