Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2012, 05:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Crap!!!!!

Did you drop them a line? Maybe there's a fix they can ship out to you......
I'm checking Enzotech's site right now.
Old April 2, 2012, 05:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
So what would you guys do? I need some advice. It'll be about a week if I was order a new CPU block, however I'd rather find another used one (that fits). The other thing is I have a friend who bought my M3A79T and DDR2 ram and he's somewhat waiting so I gotta get him going soon.

A:
Would you continue to run the CPU under the H100 and just use the mobo and video on air until getting another CPU block? Then do the entire custom loop all at once? (I'm strongly leaning towards this one)

B:
Install the CPU and GPU blocks, run the mobo with the stock air cooler until getting another CPU block? (this would require redoing part of the loop and possibly wasting tubing and MX-4 paste)

C:
Run the H100 with the EK mobo and gpu blocks.... so essentially have two separate water cooling loops for now? The mobo and 7970 would only be cooled with the RX120, and again this would be until I get a different CPU block. Also possibly wasting tubing and paste when I redo the custom loop.
I'd personally stick with A for now. It sucks to wait, but IMO that's preferable to doing stuff more than once.

Quote:
I'm checking Enzotech's site right now.
I was on my way to check out the instructions on the block as I believe there might be more than one way to install it, and then I realised that it's the AMD adapter that's causing the problem....

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 2, 2012, 05:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I'd personally stick with A for now. It sucks to wait, but IMO that's preferable to doing stuff more than once.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. My order from Dazmode won't be in until tomorrow. I thought I'd be proactive and get most of it done tonight then finish it off tomorrow.... wrong!

However on the plus side my buddy has cash in hand waiting so the sooner I get his build done the better for both of us! So I guess I should start uninstalling my mobo drivers and get this done. haha

Quote:
I was on my way to check out the instructions on the block as I believe there might be more than one way to install it, and then I realised that it's the AMD adapter that's causing the problem....
Yup there's only one way to slap it together. I was hoping there would be some far out chance they had other mounting brackets to offer, but they don't so it looks like I'm SOL. Do you happen to know of anyone looking for an Enzotech Sapphire block?
Old April 2, 2012, 05:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Do you have a link to it?

edit:

EnzoTech#

Hrmmmm.... where did'ya pick that up?

edit2:

http://www.enzotechnology.com/manuals/sapphire_cpu.pdf

Looks like it's the same block hold down plate for either AMD or intel, it's just the motherboard plate that changes?

Pretty sure their new blocks work the same way, and it's handy if you swap between different hardware, but it does make the AM3 retention plate a bit larger than required.... pity.....

edit3:

Just had a look at both of my EK HF blocks. One is a mount from a year or so ago, the other is a new(er) mount with the R4 (2011 compatible) mounts, and both would work fine in your situation as they don't use an upper MB retention bracket. Instead they just have the bolts coming straight up through the standard MB mounting holes.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP

Last edited by sswilson; April 2, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old April 2, 2012, 06:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Do you have a link to it?

edit:

EnzoTech#

Hrmmmm.... where did'ya pick that up?

edit2:

http://www.enzotechnology.com/manuals/sapphire_cpu.pdf

Looks like it's the same block hold down plate for either AMD or intel, it's just the motherboard plate that changes?

Pretty sure their new blocks work the same way, and it's handy if you swap between different hardware, but it does make the AM3 retention plate a bit larger than required.... pity.....

edit3:

Just had a look at both of my EK HF blocks. One is a mount from a year or so ago, the other is a new(er) mount with the R4 (2011 compatible) mounts, and both would work fine in your situation as they don't use an upper MB retention bracket. Instead they just have the bolts coming straight up through the standard MB mounting holes.
Bought the enzo here on HWC. I wasn't going to go for it at first but I was buying an SSD from the guy anyhow so I decided to get it too.

The AMD mounting for an EK HF block looks like it will definitely work.
Old April 2, 2012, 06:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Pity it won't work, it'll be fine on any AMD install except for the one you've got (I'm assuming it would have fit fine without the chipset block?). Strangely enough... I just picked up an AMD block from another member here on the Buy/Sell threads, but I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it if you decided to put it up again... it's only your special circumstances that make it unusable.

Pretty sure it was my Enzotech Luna WB that had a similar AMD retention bracket to allow for the same block bracket to be used between AMD and Intel.

Old April 2, 2012, 06:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Pity it won't work, it'll be fine on any AMD install except for the one you've got (I'm assuming it would have fit fine without the chipset block?). Strangely enough... I just picked up an AMD block from another member here on the Buy/Sell threads, but I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it if you decided to put it up again... it's only your special circumstances that make it unusable.

Pretty sure it was my Enzotech Luna WB that had a similar AMD retention bracket to allow for the same block bracket to be used between AMD and Intel.
The Enzotech block fits perfectly with the stock air cooler on the mobo.

I have a friend here in town (best friend actually ) who has a Tt block I can borrow for the time being. That'll let me pretty much complete my WC loop and allow me some time to shop around for a good CPU block. So I'm going to start the water cooling build tonight and hopefully I'll have it almost done by Wednesday night.
Old April 2, 2012, 06:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The Enzotech block fits perfectly with the stock air cooler on the mobo.

I have a friend here in town (best friend actually ) who has a Tt block I can borrow for the time being. That'll let me pretty much complete my WC loop and allow me some time to shop around for a good CPU block. So I'm going to start the water cooling build tonight and hopefully I'll have it almost done by Wednesday night.
You evil little man.... trying to get somebody to send you a block just so you won't put that TT on there..... ;)

I'm sure if you put up a WTB here in the forums you'll find a block that'll work. :)

Old April 2, 2012, 06:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
You evil little man.... trying to get somebody to send you a block just so you won't put that TT on there..... ;)

I'm sure if you put up a WTB here in the forums you'll find a block that'll work. :)
Haha You got me! Tt blocks are ok but by far not the best. Regardless I wouldn't have to redo a bunch of tubing........ and honestly SSW, I was just curious.

I'll be posting a WTB thread shortly.
Old April 2, 2012, 07:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh... You'll find many folks here (myself included) who've been bitten by leaking acetal top Tt water blocks.... ;)