Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2012, 05:34 PM
Rookie

Default Mod place near montreal

hello Im looking for a place that will make minor mod on my case ( lian li v354 )
the mod are really simple, cut a square on the panel and put plexi , and finaly a new fan place on the top of the case.
Old March 21, 2012, 05:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It's called Home Depot and Dremel tool ;) Don't pay other's to do the fun stuff!
Old March 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
Rookie

ow they can do that ? even put plexi and attach it ?
Old March 21, 2012, 05:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Oh... Sorry that was a joke! I'm saying it'd be cheaper to buy a "Dremel Tool" and drill out the holes and attach the plexi glass yourself... Labour isn't cheap, but to answer the question you actually asked I'm not sure of any place that would do that... Canada barely has any modding stores that sell materials, yet alone mod components.

Sorry for the non help...
Old March 21, 2012, 06:00 PM
Rookie

well I have a saw, but I dont want to **** up my panel.
Old March 23, 2012, 07:47 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Watch out!!! It's not as easy as others will tell. I did it often but you have to have a sure hand. The first times may turn into disasters... OK, take a Dremel and cut your panel BUT be sure to practice a lot before with scrap metal. Google and find tutorial about this subject... It is not as easy as 1 2 3... You have a nice case, it would be a shame to ruin it...
Just a suggestion, why don't you check if Lian Li isn't already making a windowed panel? They do that with a lot of their cases and their panels are very well made...
Old March 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would have to disagree with the above poster. I myself picked up a dremel for the first time and made some pretty sick cuts with it after having watched a few tutorial. You just have to take your time and make a couple practice cuts to see how the tool functions.

IMHO it is really easy as long as you know how to use tools/power tools. To each their own though......

But he is definitely on point about Lian Li making windowed side panels. Here check out these links.

FrozenCPU.com | 1.877.243.8266 | World's Largest Selection of PC Modification Supplies

Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old March 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think there is a guy on Kijiji he says he mods vids cards sometimes, might want to look that way.