Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2012, 06:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Mini-ITX Domain Controller

I currently have it running on an Intel D525MW inside an Antec ISK300-65 with 4GB of RAM, 64GB OCZ Petrol and 500GB WD Scorpio Black. However the CPU load seems to be pegged at >70% for the majority of the time, so I figured it was due for some upgrades! This Domain Controller is just for my home-use, mainly as a lab environment so I can play around with things.

I ordered the following today:
  • Intel Celeron G530
  • ASUS P8H61-I
  • Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Stiletto 2X2GB DDR3-1333
And I got the Antec ISK100 yesterday from Hookbag which I came across on Shopbot. The site seemed a bit sketchy, so I used PayPal and surprisingly it shipped via UPS on Monday (ordered on the weekend) from a warehouse in Markham, ASI-Toronto which is beside NCIX. Showed up yesterday, well packaged and in perfect condition. Even put the case box inside another box with some bubble wrap. It was a re-used box though, and no branding what so ever that it was from Hookbag. Even the packing list doesn't have their name on it. Strange. Perhaps that's how they keep their costs down and can offer free shipping?

...more to come once I get the parts from NCIX
Old March 21, 2012, 07:02 AM
Top Prospect

most likely drop ship from asi to your location

-joe
Old March 22, 2012, 02:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Unfortunately the motherboard didn't fit in the case, so I had to continue using my ISK300.

However, even with LinX running, it's only pulling 43W tops, so everything should be fine. I'm using the 90W AC Adapter from the ISK100 though so that still gives me the headroom I wanted on the Domain Controller.

I'll use the ISK100 for my pfSense router instead now with the 65W AC Adapter.

Last edited by JD; March 22, 2012 at 03:54 PM.