Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2012, 07:14 PM
Rookie

Default The Next Lian-Li PC build project

In relate to my "New Build" thread - Considering my next build on same PC case ...

Here, will be my work log to see my project in progress...

Starting with this photo - the case been disassembled down to pieces in prep to be painted with etch primer.

Next two photos showing some of the pieces coated with etch primer - (did that today). More pieces will be done the same way until I have all pieces done.

Old March 10, 2012, 12:54 PM
Rookie

UPDATE: The pieces to be painted - had been etch primer coated done. Now moving on to final primer-surfacer coating tongiht. I expect them be all done for drying until tomorrow. Then will go do sanding as the next step.

Went to a local auto supplies to buy some paint, primer spray can and some new rivets to fasten the pieces back together later. And went to Memory Express to buy a new 120mm fan. Another item to add to my new parts lot.

Hopefully tomorrow I will try sand as much pieces and get them ready for painting next evening. The inner panels will be mostly black, the outer panels will be a different color. Pictures to come in next 2 days later.
Old March 10, 2012, 04:14 PM
Rookie

Well, the final primer got dry real fast. I was able to sand a few pieces done. I've already painted the first 2 pieces in black. The spray can for primer was all used up, so I'll need buy a second one to finish do the last few ones. At least, that means tonight will post a few photos here.

Tomorrow should see the case be dry enough for me to start put back some with new rivets.
Old March 11, 2012, 08:30 AM
Rookie

All pieces that were to be black - are all done.

Update photo:

Can't do today since the final coat is still tacky... so I'll leave them until they're completely dry. With these pieces all in black color means I can go ahead to my next stage - coloring the other 9 pieces with a different color.
Old March 11, 2012, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looks very nice. Can we get some teasers of what you are putting under the hood?
Old March 11, 2012, 04:43 PM
Rookie

There's not much to use for a teaser here. I haven't yet brought all the computer parts - so far I brought only a few parts. Waiting for the right time... like a sale on something. Well, might not be much of a teaser but the next color I will paint is called "Toreador Metallic" on the outer panels.
Old March 23, 2012, 11:37 AM
Rookie

Today I got my new parts from FedEx - was left by front box. Now I have my new front 120 mm fan grill bezel with mesh filter and new fan and new 5.25 front bezel with fold-out lid. Will sand the metal bezels this weekend. They were factory made by Lian Li.

I still have one more item to order next. Then I'll be all set ready for the paint, I prefer to have all case parts ready before go ahead for painting.