Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2012, 07:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looks quite nice. Any chance of some pictures of inside the case?
Old May 15, 2012, 07:44 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungwirez View Post
finally someone putting that ROG sticker to work.
Yeh mines still in the box.I need a sexy case to put it on!

Old May 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
Rookie

wow nice, the orange sure does pop!
Old June 19, 2012, 01:36 PM
Rookie

Haven't been on here in a while to respond, sorry! I bought a new truck and the modding has begun on that lol.

I cut the side window, there is very very little metal left on the front and back. This was because I wanted to stay with straight edges all around, and the factory indents for the fan window locations went that close to both edges. The glass is a lexan, so you have to be careful as lexan is quite soft, and can scratch during cleaning. I got it very cheap though locally, as I went to an auto glass shop, and they let me take whatever scraps I wanted for what he called "A donation to the shop coffee fund". Basically walked out of there with a 2 foot by 8 foot sheet for less than 20 bucks. 3M double sided tape holds the plexi securely in place. I didn't bother with trimming as I was having a hard time sourcing what I wanted without ordering and I like the way it looks without anyway.

ROG sticker was part of the plan from the start, before I cut the window, I was going to leave the metal above the dual fan's on the side intake, and put it there, but the sticker was bigger and so I decided to just go with the one big window. Only downside is I don't get to look at the sticker, but the other half does haha.

I still haven't ordered any fan grill for the fans in the bottom, and I built a box to house the PSU and cabling, but need more di-noc to finish that up as well. Need to redo the orange di-noc trim around the fans as well, it is too narrow to go around the edges and stick effectively.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I wasn't expecting anymore comments after it fell off the page haha.