Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2012, 09:08 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
Really plasti-dip is that easy to remove? I've been tempted for a long time to paint my Cosmos S interior but always afraid of a lot of work later if I want to change colour schemes.
I really can't suggest doing an interior with it. It can collect dust rather fast if you do places that see a lot of airflow/dust. You might be able to help with that if you do A) a lot of coats. B) do a slight wet sand of it afterwards.
Old February 9, 2012, 09:11 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well I was thinking if I do plasti-dip first then a coat of colour over the plasti-dip it would allow me to easily take the colour off later on. Also the filters on the Cosmos S keeps the interior pretty clean.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old February 9, 2012, 10:53 PM
MVP

Build is looking awesome as always. on an aside in relation to spray painting- this weekend I'm going to be attempting to make my own mousepad- I've got some scrap aluminum, and picked up a can of undercoat for automotive from home depot, and a bunch of sandpaper- I'm hoping to be able to come up with a similar surface to an exactmat (mine's getting all scratched up and is having tracking issues) I wanted to use plasti-dip, but I couldn't find any.
Old February 12, 2012, 03:57 PM

My System Specs

Tomorrow I'll have the last 2 blocks. Getting very close now.

Old February 12, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Very nice.

Old February 12, 2012, 04:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

At first I was like how did you get so much room for cables between the motherboard and rad.

Then I realized my Mobo is EATX and has a right angled 24 pin (great idea evga but it was a real PITA for my build)

Looks great Mr. Fat. My only question is will that tubing fit with the side panel on? The ft02 and rv02 cases really could use an extra 1/4" or 3/8" of space back there.
Old February 12, 2012, 04:41 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
At first I was like how did you get so much room for cables between the motherboard and rad.

Then I realized my Mobo is EATX and has a right angled 24 pin (great idea evga but it was a real PITA for my build)

Looks great Mr. Fat. My only question is will that tubing fit with the side panel on? The ft02 and rv02 cases really could use an extra 1/4" or 3/8" of space back there.
Yes the side panel fits perfectly, no bulge or anything. I can imagine how difficult that 24-pin must have been.
Old February 12, 2012, 05:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I had to pull the rad out to get the cable extension through the narrow gap and plug in the 24 pin. Also since I'm a cheap skill-less hack using extensions rather than sleeving, those non-single braided thick standard cables are horrible for fitting behind the motherboard tray in a rv02.
Old February 12, 2012, 10:22 PM

My System Specs

Using my trusty RP-402X2. Which kind of sucks. I removed the serial optional insert as I think it sucks. I guess we will see how the stock insert performs. Putting the o-rings back in for the front glass was a nightmare. I won't be taking it apart ever again.

Worked on some more plumbing this evening. You can see here where it exists the reservoir.

Its route on the backside of the motherboard tray.

You really can't see where it goes in to the radiator as it is pretty much covered with sleeved wires.
Old February 12, 2012, 10:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

nice and clean man, good job, what color coolant you going to use.