Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
Trial Member

Default Can i use normal cables with this psu?

Hello. I have a Ultra X3 1000w Modular PSU for my PC. it comes with these ribon cables that r think and not that great looking. I would really like to do my own from this website www.ftwpc.com can i use normal cables on my PSU? or do you think ultra has unique ones?
Old January 26, 2012, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My internet is screwy right now so i cant check the link, but i would say no. Only use cables that are approved for your PSU or risk frying it and possibly all your components. You could however sleeve your PSU cables yourself, or pay someone to do it for you.
Old January 26, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
My internet is screwy right now so i cant check the link, but i would say no. Only use cables that are approved for your PSU or risk frying it and possibly all your components. You could however sleeve your PSU cables yourself, or pay someone to do it for you.
looks to be shady operartion or they sending by ant's carrying on thier backs
Old January 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

You could just be lazy and get extensions the only part you'll see is the part coming out of the psu until it goes behind the mobo. You could also just do it yourself much more rewarding if you do it yourself imo.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.