Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30, 2012, 09:30 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Paints Dry!

Ok so assembly has begun... but the way it is coming together is not as pleasing as would like it to be. mainly because of my tubing I think, I am not so sure I want to stay with the current setup. From what you have seen so far, mainly the red and black motif, any suggestions on things to do to dress up the water lines?

Also, I am looking to replace my ridiculously long lived power supply with a new one. I am thinking modular, although not so sure about that either. any downside to going that route? Also, I have heard you can paint components with spray paint, true or false?. Everything fits the colors except for the wireless card...

Any input / criticism is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old February 14, 2012, 03:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default FINISHED!

Right, so after a short hiatus, here are the finished pics of the computer, haven't got a good camera, so please excuse the photo quality
Attached Images

Old February 14, 2012, 03:05 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Inside

and here are some from inside the case...
Attached Images

Old February 14, 2012, 05:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Interesting Radiator mount. Personally I'd have gone with a fabbed "backpack" mount in the rear instead, and use PCI slot pass through fittings for bottom slot. The way you sleeved your cables with tubing makes your loop look at bit confusing at first glance. I'd rather show the cables as they are, it detracts from the appearance of the loop. But once the panel is on no one is going to care right? :)
Old February 14, 2012, 06:36 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

yea, a couple things forced me into a top mounted design. At the time that this was getting WC, it was being used as a electronegativity calculation farm in my lab. However, space issues in the lab forced me to use the top mount. I sort of like it now because it vaguely reminds me of smoke stacks, and as it is a very industrial build, i figured I wouldn't change it. The cable sleeving was new to me, I'm still not sure that I like it myself, but again I was sort of going for a chaotic-ish look, with all the piping and such going on in a factory I figured I would give it a shot.

Tags
new build , noob , water cooling