Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 16, 2012, 11:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
Yes, you're right. The motherboard is in the way. However, it's not by too much. I can just bring the fans frontward a little bit to get out of the motherboard's way, then use double sided tape to mount it on. Unless I think of a better way, that's what I'm going to be doing. I haven't updated this thread in a very while, but I'll get back to it soon and i'll address all these things in detail. Was waiting for some more money and a new GPU this whole time. Now waiting for a GTX 670 waterblock. A new motherboard may be coming and lot's of LEDs!
So what you are saying is that you will be leaving the radiator underneath in the centered position, just moving the fans out a bit on their own. I guess I could see that working.

Will there be a problem with the fans not being able to equally districute the air through the radiator because they are offset?

How thick of a radiator are you using? What kind of fans?
Old May 17, 2012, 05:18 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yup, that's right. The fans will come out a little bit. It's honestly not much, so no one will notice it. In terms of air, I'm not sure. I'm using a MCR-320XP radiator from Swiftech, which is 37mm thick. It's a "slim" radiator. Fans will probably be Gentle Typoon AP-15's for push. And UV Green Gelid Wings for pull. The Gentle Typhoons is for a the great airflow, and the Gelid Wings are more for the look. :P
Old May 17, 2012, 07:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I would be very interested and excited to see a picture of how that would look. I use your original setup as inspiration for my 600T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
Yup, that's right. The fans will come out a little bit. It's honestly not much, so no one will notice it. In terms of air, I'm not sure. I'm using a MCR-320XP radiator from Swiftech, which is 37mm thick. It's a "slim" radiator. Fans will probably be Gentle Typoon AP-15's for push. And UV Green Gelid Wings for pull. The Gentle Typhoons is for a the great airflow, and the Gelid Wings are more for the look. :P
Old May 18, 2012, 01:30 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

nice
Old July 11, 2012, 03:06 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Update: I'll be getting back to this project soon! I've just been so busy lately so I haven't had time to shoot too many new pictures of my case. I've got lots changed since the last time I've officially updated. Stuff like... graphite coloured side panel doors, LED strips, Corsair Link, etc. My X58 system will be going very soon. Hopefully X79 and a 3930k, but if not, then Z77. Bought a GTX 670 but decided to sell it. Will be rolling with a watercooled 6990 now!
Old January 2, 2013, 06:07 PM
Rookie

what's going on with the finished build?
Old January 9, 2013, 01:42 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, I've really been out of it for a long time. Just lost motivation in computers for a while and when I do decide to get back into it, my GPU waterblock leaks. Will get a new block or maybe even a different GPU altogether and I promise I'll start building again!
Old January 9, 2013, 07:32 AM
Rookie

Looks great so far, any update with the rest of it ?
Old January 18, 2013, 01:33 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Mobo was making a hissing noise when turned on. Actually had the problem for quite a while now but was too lazy to RMA it. Finally brought it down to the local RMA center though, and apparently it should be ready on Monday. Hopefully RMA is accepted... cause I did sand one of the northbridge heatsinks by 1 or 2mm.......
Old January 24, 2013, 04:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I might have missed it but how did you like working with that case? I am in the market for a new mid tower.