Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

You know if your going to ask people for thought son stuff and then go and do your own thing don't ask for opinions. Personally that cathode looks like crap in there and a led strip would look a whole lot sexier.
Old February 4, 2012, 05:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

LOLUMAD cuz it's white. We've gone over this, I love the white even if you think it's excessively white lol.

Last edited by jibz; February 4, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old February 4, 2012, 06:12 PM

My System Specs

Looks pretty snazzy.
Old February 4, 2012, 06:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You know if your going to ask people for thought son stuff and then go and do your own thing don't ask for opinions. Personally that cathode looks like crap in there and a led strip would look a whole lot sexier.
I think it looks good but I also think that the cathode looks out of place. LED strips would be much better. Most electronic supply shops sell LED strips by the foot. All you have to do is solder the wires on.
Old February 4, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

nice white on white very nice me likey
Old February 4, 2012, 09:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i love the way the white looks that's why i went with a black and white paint job on my case to
Old February 14, 2012, 07:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
LOL...what a tool. See the good thing about this build is he is going to do what he wants....not what you want. In your attempt to belittle him you answered your own statement. If he asked for opinions its just that opinions....not permission. Im pretty sure all the parts he used and didn't use are available in todays market...spend some of your money and do your own build...just the way you like it
Old February 14, 2012, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Jibz, good job man. The tube and everything is great. But one critique, the cathodes are overpowering, in the photography at least. Enaberif is kinda right in my opinion, but I'll go about it a different way. I think if you found a way to diffuse the cathode like by sanding the plexi around it, or use something softer like LED's it might make the light less "powerful" and wont overpower the amazing work you've done with this build.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old February 14, 2012, 07:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Question, how is the pump mounted, and is it decoupled? I'm talking like zero vibration transmission decoupled, and not just rubber bushing decoupled.

Other than that, I'm loving these FT02 builds. I love radiators taking up the floor space (modded my A05NB like that) and not needing clearance on the side to breathe.
I'm just scared for your rad fins with all of the stuff so close :)
Old February 14, 2012, 09:43 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hey guys.

I will have a few pictures soon. My desk is a total post-hurricane zone now. I need to do a big cleaning and once it's presentable I'll have a full setup picture.

I mounted the pump using some thick velcro pads from homedepot that pretty much reduced the noise from the pump by 75%, it's still audible being the 18w version of the ddc but it's no louder than other ambient noises in my house so it's perfectly acceptable.

As for floor space radiators, I'm gonna have a little project in a few weeks were I'm putting a 240 rad in the bottom of a matx case (overlaping the mobo and blocking the bottom PCI slots). It's gonna be a tight little box.