Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
Rookie

Looking real good Jibz. I'm really digging the white.

Hey I'm going to be real cheesy and ask for people to visit Overclock.net and vote for my system. Its up for MOD of the month. :)

heres a link January 2012 Mod of the Month Contest - VOTE NOW!!!

currently I'm in 3rd place..the guy in first has a cool paint job I guess...?...the more the marirer !!

Thanks Man..keep up the good work!
Old January 27, 2012, 07:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks for the feedback.

I've done several revisions of the tubing since and ordered a few more 45 degree rotaries to clean it up. I thought it would be an agonizing wait till monday when I get my 45s but I managed to get the flu really bad. I don't know what day it is anymore, I just feel horrible and half the house needs to be steam cleaned, so time isn't and issue.
Old January 27, 2012, 07:46 PM
Rookie

Oh no..That sucks. Im sure you have a crap of snow up there too huh? Well if it makes you feel any better it was almost 70* here in North Carolina today...Just think warm thoughts :)
Old January 27, 2012, 08:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

way to much white in that case needs moar offset color
Old January 31, 2012, 05:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Alright I, personally, am up and running again. I did a little bit of cabling today I should get first boot tomorrow and hope all the new(previously owned) pieces work. Done a little tubing revision and I'm trying out some cathodes. Will post a few pics tomorrow.

As for offset colour I'm unhappy about the motherboard being red accented. I like white and black.
Old January 31, 2012, 10:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've done a slight tubing revision, mounted a few cathodes which may or may not stay/change color.

I gave it some power and booted up with just a monitor plugged in, LED display on the mobo showed 28, which I can only assume was the idling core as it went up to 33 when the CPU went to 14% load.

As you can see the only case badge I have is Dazmode on my GPU bridge, hhuuggee thanks to Daz for being himself. Proud to bear the badge.

The agenda tomorrow is clear zip ties on the white cables, black zip ties on the black cables and the behind the scenes cables... Honestly I don't think I posses the cable management skills to have this not be a bulging back panel build.
Attached Images

Old February 1, 2012, 01:30 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

man i am going to keep an eye on this, i am considering doing my 1st watercooling build
Old February 1, 2012, 03:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

so avoiding the hard work and finishing the loose ends on the project I stress tested it as a messy Frankenstein and I'm pretty impressed. 2 hours of unigine's Heaven benchmark had the CPU at 38c and all three GPUs at 47c with all fans on low and very quiet operation. This thing was so quiet that the ambient household noise, mainly the furnace running, was louder than the computer. I turned the fans on high and the system stabilized with the GPUs at 42c but the sound level wasn't as appealing. I think it should be perfect on low.

Feeling around for hotspots though I found the corsair dominator memory gets a little hot and the fin cooling on the nf200 chip gets quite warm, but the VRMs are nice and cool.
Old February 1, 2012, 11:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I can taste the finish line. I think I did pretty well.

Light/dark pics:
Attached Images

Old February 4, 2012, 05:25 PM
Rookie

Looks real good jibz! I like the black and white theme. I did a DimasTech bench in B&W and love it.....MORE PICS PLEASE!! :)