Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2012, 10:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quick update:
Swapping out mobo and PSU to accommodate tri-sli and adding a third gtx570. Once everything is in my hands the big take down and days of crafting a masterpiece(sloppy first try).
Old January 3, 2012, 11:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Look at MNPCtech's 200 mm fan grills. They'd fit, or could be modified to fit by removing the outermost ring.

Edit: That, or buy a sheet of modder's mesh. You've got so much cooling area, cutting down the airflow a little probably wouldn't hurt too much.
Old January 4, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
Well the HDD cage is getting it's rivets drilled so it can be cut down to size and rotated that's for sure. The small issue I have is that I can't get rad grills for 180mm fans.
Maybe mnpctech can make them for you?

**edit**
Never mind saw charlies post... The idea above works as a temp solution perhaps.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old January 11, 2012, 09:40 AM

My System Specs

Did the radiator come w/ the proper size screws to mount Silverstone 180x32mm fans?
Old January 11, 2012, 12:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The radiator comes with screws for red grill and 25mm thick fans which doesn't make much sense. As the fans that will be used 100% of the time on the rad are 32mm and there are no rad grills for this size.
Old January 13, 2012, 04:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quick update.

I have everything in my hands finally and I started leak testing everything. My FrozenQ res has one of it's mounting holes drilled too deep and leaks so now I'm set back again while waiting for a replacement. Next week I'm having surgery and will be out for about 5 days.

I know a few people are very interested in how this turns out and if it's a suitable project for themselves to try so I feel bad about delaying :(

I'm hoping that weekend after my surgery I can get started with my full tear down and post a little guide in what is necessary to get the rad to fit.
Old January 14, 2012, 12:15 AM
Rookie

Take your time and get well soon!
Old January 17, 2012, 01:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well the sergery went well, my mouth is still full of blood, but my tricky wisdom teeth are no more. Think they took out a bit of my lower jaw and Ill be a couch potato for a couple days, then I plan on getting the case in bits and the dremel out.
Old January 17, 2012, 04:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Totally OT, but take the pills even if you don't feel the pain. If you stop taking them, it'll hurt a ton. The surgeon had to remove some jawbone to get my bottom wisdom teeth out. Oh, and a bag of frozen peas or corn on the side of your face helps a lot too.
Old January 17, 2012, 08:50 PM
Rookie

jibz...you know I ended up using the stock fan grills for the 180 Silverstone fans..Just bought 3 of them and stuck them on the AP's