Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2008, 10:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I read that thread, all 188 pages, it doesn't hurt NoL's credibility in my opinion, unfortunately though, misconceptions and offhand comments will.

I hope you are successful in your future projects and are able to put that behind you NoL.

Old March 22, 2008, 07:19 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
Probably referring to Sdumper's NCE cascade; too bad he only knows one version of the story.
If there is another "version" of the story than the ones on XS and BPC, why wouldn't NOL make it known? If you were in his position with the little credibilty you have on the line and had another "version" that would explain it..... wouldn't you make it known?

You also assume this is the only "story".... the NCE build fiasco is only the latest.... look past the BS and the post count. Research is free..... good luck.
Old March 22, 2008, 12:03 PM
Rookie

I have basically posted my half of the story, if you have been commissioned to build something, and the person pays $1500 of the total, and sends back the $750 unit to finish it (so yes $2250, the same cost as most 2 stagers on the Euro side). And that $750 unit does not come back with its case, its power requirements, and its beat to hell in every way, do you think you'd not have some financial issues with the buyer? Especially when the $750 was CREDITED AS A $750 UNIT because parts were going to be reharnessed from it for "second hand" cheaper builds for other people.
And then when the person sends an extra $100, they spin it and say its "overbudget" when they are the original source of that "overbudget".

I think your negativity is rather amazing though, Wanker's already seen his unit.
Old March 22, 2008, 05:07 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Oh boy. This is so totally out of my League!

It kind of sounds like the expansion turbine of an air cycle machine, except using liquid instead of air... maybe... kinda... think ATA chapter 21...
Old March 22, 2008, 05:25 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecher View Post
It kind of sounds like the expansion turbine of an air cycle machine, except using liquid instead of air... maybe... kinda... think ATA chapter 21...
ROFL - An ACM is nothing compared to this...

Seriously, I've been reading about this for the last few days, and I must say that for someone to build this on his own is quite an achievement. It is quite complicated.

And very shortly I just may jump into this.
Old March 22, 2008, 07:44 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
ROFL - An ACM is nothing compared to this...

Seriously, I've been reading about this for the last few days, and I must say that for someone to build this on his own is quite an achievement. It is quite complicated.

And very shortly I just may jump into this.
Yay, jump onto the phase train with me!
Old March 22, 2008, 07:52 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
Yay, jump onto the phase train with me!
At the right time Wanker, at the right time.
Old March 22, 2008, 11:56 PM
Rookie

Shipping out monday ;)

Old March 27, 2008, 06:59 AM
Rookie

Shipped! :)