Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2011, 09:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Update:

Project is now completed however I have ran in to a problem with the mounted screen, it doesnīt seem to be getting power, Iīve checked the usual culprits to no avail and I dont currently own a voltimetre which is unconveniente. Going to dismantle the screenīs hw and test it on a wooden bench, maybe itīs shorting out. Because I want the final picks to show an image I will wait to upload them till I get this fixed between today and monday.
Old December 3, 2011, 11:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Update

Fixed the screen, one of the cables mustīve cought somewhere and was damaged, severing the link between the screenīs psu and the lcd panel. So I cut that section off and soldered new cable to both ends, works fine now. Took me hours of looking and trying stuff till I saw the small brake in the cable and of course later I had to put it all togueter in the case again.

Aniway, Iīm knakered and now I have to go some event to be social which I donīt really feel like but promised I would so... Aniway, I will set it all up for a shoot tomorrow to get a nice gallery of final pictures.
Old December 4, 2011, 09:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Final Pictures - Set 1

Hi everyone!

Right, as promised, here is a first set of the final pictures. I say first set because Iīm not happy with them, light conditions, the need to use flash and reflections on the case by nearby windows, the table (that was a dumb idea) and so on, make the project look different, they make it look shiny (which is not), they distort the colors, you can barely see the green glow, etc

The point is, because Iīm out of time right now I give you these just as a preview of some nicer final pictures which I will take at the modding event starting tuesday. Regardless, I hope you enjoy them : )

Thatīs it for now, Iīm going to get it ready (install the OS, drivers, and so on, and pack it so itīs ready for tuesday. Once thatīs out of the way I will start the final stage on Project: AIO AL and Project: Diabolo in the hopes of having them ready for tuesday as well.

This concludes the "Mod in a Week" challenge (for the second time, anyone remember my first one or has it been forgotten already? :P) and I hope you enjoyed reading and watching as much as I did doing it.

Thanks for reading!
Old December 4, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am currious as to how to wired the moniter to your video card?
Old December 4, 2011, 02:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

the monitor is composed of 3 parts, all normally enclosed within a monitorīs frame. These parts are the lcd panel, the chipset and the power suply. In this case the LCD panel has been mounted outside with part of the fram attached to it for looks, itīs cables (connections from the lcd panel to its power suply, to the chipset and the buttons to the chipset) are routed through holes next to the mountings or behind the lcd panel in to the computer case where the chipset and psu are mounted next to the usual pc components. The monitorīs chipset has a vga output (the one youīd normally connect your pc too if the screen was in itīs original casing) which is connected to the vga output of the graphics card (took the graphicīs card frontal plate off, removed the vga connection from it and put it back on), this way no need for external cables and itīs all done within the case.
Old December 4, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

awesome man, i always wanted to bolt a monitor to my case, or build it into the side panel.
Old December 6, 2011, 11:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

thanks! : ) itīs not to hard at all assuming you have the time and a dremel, just make sure you insulate the monitorīs psu and it should work just fine : )
Old December 6, 2011, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That looks great
Old December 10, 2011, 02:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

just thought Iīd add that Fallout Cause SP won 1st price at the competition (casemod section)

Old December 10, 2011, 02:27 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Great Job! You deserved it