Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18, 2011, 03:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Concept: Mass Effect Case

Hey Everyone,

I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a few months, so I thought I'd ask the community for some ideas.

I've been thinking of doing a Mass Effect case and have been considering two options; either a Commander Sheppard Armor Case or making a model Normandy and gong that route.

The Armor I can definitely do as I was able to make some pretty decent N7 Armor a couple years ago for Halloween (and this wouldn't be as pressed for time). The foam for the armor might help keep the noise down, but I'd probably have to liquid cool unless I want to cook the PC. The other downside would be that it's going to look really 'blocky' on a PC chassis. Of course if anyone has any suggestions for making it look a little sleeker that would be great. (Paint would obviously look nicer on the PC than the costume. It was victimized with some hard partying).

Making a Normandy case would mean making a model Normandy and all the complications with that, but it is a little more dynamic. I could always sculpt a Normandy of clay and vac-form or make a shell using those methods. But it would have to be massive to really allow any normal PC components to fit. I could hack a laptop for parts and that will mean a way smaller model.

Anyway, just looking for thoughts, ideas and feel from the forum.

Thanks,
Attached Images

Old November 25, 2011, 08:27 PM

My System Specs

A Normandy ITX HTPC type case would be kinda cool if you can pull it off.