Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18, 2011, 02:07 PM
Rookie

Default Lian Li PC-8NWX (December 2012 Update)

HiHi

It has been a while since I've done anything with my rig (view original post below), but I decided to have fun with my computer once again before chrismas and here is what it looks like!

Changes I have made since last year:

- Removed the hard drive cage and installed an iSTARUSA BPN-DE340SS hot-swap cage
- Replaced my seasonic semi-modular PSU with a Silverstone ST55F-G.

I finally bought a crimping tool from Nils and made my own cables for the first time and all I have to say is why didn't I do that before? I sleeved everything in Shade 19 and Color-X and I'm really enjoying the combo. All the screws have also been replaced by button heads.

It's not a whole lot done to it, but removing the hard drive cage makes the case look so much bigger inside!

Here are some pics:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original November 2011 Post

A month or two ago, I got bored of my old 690 II case and decided it was the right time for some change. I found the CM case look too ''childish'' for me now and so I decided to change case and make everything look sweet and classy inside. Ive always wanted a lian-li case but did not want something enormous or even as big as my old case, so I jumped on a PC-8NWX.

Here is my old rig: My CM 690 II Advanced Build

Just a reminder of my specs:

Lian Li PC-8NWX
Seasonic M12II 520W
Asus Maximus 3 Formula
I5 750 @ 4ghz (1.3v)
8gb of G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1600mhz + Arctic Cooling Ramsinks
Corsair H60
EVGA GTX 570 + Backplate
X-Fi Titanium HD
Crucial C300 64gb
WD Caviar Black 750gb
2x Seagate 750gb Drives for data

The PC is pretty much the same except the cpu cooler, another 4gb of ram with arctic ramsinks and a backplate for my 570. All of those are pretty much for the look only. I use both GTs as my intake and exaust fans as well.

Here is what it looks like now :

PS: I am not the greatest at sleeving >.< but I did my best!

Here is the full album: https://picasaweb.google.com/1159485...eat=directlink

Last edited by oliverthefrenchy; December 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old December 21, 2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

My System Specs

do you have three screens?if you dont, then do you play with 2 screen? cuz that seems really strange/trippy...
Old December 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great ImageFap Troll View Post
do you have three screens?if you dont, then do you play with 2 screen? cuz that seems really strange/trippy...
Probably a main screen and the right screen for additional productivity.

What's that thing on the back of the Lian Li case? with all the red/black wires coming out of it?
12gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz
Intel X-25M 80gb Gen2
1x WD Caviar Green 1TB 64m cache
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
Seasonic X-660
Fractal Design R3 + 4x Noctua S12B 120mm
Old December 21, 2011, 07:17 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Most likely he plays on one, and has a web browser, vent, and whatever else he wants on the other. For FSX he could use 2 screens, but most games would have the crosshairs/center in the middle. Not good
Old December 22, 2011, 12:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I play on only one of the monitors. I pretty much only play sc2 so i have TL, reddit, skype or some streams open usually while I play, the 2nd monitor is simply for convenience and more workspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsv View Post
What's that thing on the back of the Lian Li case? with all the red/black wires coming out of it?
A simple terminal black to power my led strips. Allows me to unplug everything (led, switch etc) easely, and makes everything look nicer as well :)
Old December 22, 2011, 04:52 PM
Rookie

That's a really nice clean build, the terminal for the LEDs are a nice touch as well.

What's the non Dell monitor, the one with the silver bezel?
Old December 23, 2011, 05:11 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmassive View Post
That's a really nice clean build, the terminal for the LEDs are a nice touch as well.

What's the non Dell monitor, the one with the silver bezel?

Thanks! The other monitor is a LA2405wg from HP, I should get rid of it soon because I want an IPS monitor somewhat soon.
Old December 6, 2012, 10:44 AM
Rookie

Updated the OP with brand new pictures! I also kep the old post right under for comparison.
Old December 6, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

Awesome build, nice cable work too..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old December 6, 2012, 06:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Awesome build, nice cable work too..
Thanks miggs! Im really surprised how well the cables came out since it was my first time doing crimping and using lowfat's no heatshrink method... works like a charm!

Last edited by oliverthefrenchy; December 6, 2012 at 08:30 PM.