Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2011, 05:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

This looks some sweet. So I don't crap your thread, PM on its way.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old November 12, 2011, 04:26 AM
Allstar

PM sent....I'll sum it up here, for anyone else wondering

for anyone else considering these Avery brand "Clear Sticker" Printer sheets ...You can buy from Amazon or "some" Office Supply Stores.

Positives:
1. Int doesn't smudge. I used Inkjet Printer
2. Works good on acrylic or plexi windows

Negatives
1. Dull Color Matte Finish
2. Doesn't stick well to painted surfaces. (I had to use 3M Super 77 adhesive spray)
3. Anything colored White in your design, translates to Clear "see thru" instead, once it's printed.
4. Cost. 10 sheets for $13.99

For this project, which has distressed and weathered theme, they worked great. I could see using them for a custom window design, if youre OK with dull coloring...Otherwise I wouldn't suggest them for anything else.

[/quote]
Old November 13, 2011, 05:24 AM
Allstar

I figured painting a portion of right panel Orange metallic, would compliment the Copper tubing... I also implement CORSAIR 400 into the label for the box. I'm still working on the paint effects around the edges.

I will be using "sophisticated finishes" Metallic surfacer as base coat before applying their Instant Rust solution to edges of the panels
Old November 14, 2011, 06:05 AM
Allstar

The 240 "Serenity" in Kanji grill for the top panel, will be cnc milled from 1/4" Copper.. I may try "Flame Coloring" it like this photo...with Oxygen acetylene torch

Old November 14, 2011, 09:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looks really nice Bill!
Project Echo | Fractal-Design Array Rev2 | i5 750 | DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36 | 2x2GB A-Data | Fractal SFF 300w MDPC-X sleeved orange and black | HD5870 | Kingston V-Series 64GB SSD | 2TB HDD | EK Supreme HF | EK-DCP 4.0 | EK Multioption 250 RES | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 240 | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 120 | EK-PSC Fitting 12mm - G1/4 Black | 5870 fullcover block |
Old November 14, 2011, 02:48 PM
Allstar

Thank you Hannes! ....and of course, you've gotta have "BLUE SUN" implemented too! This Fan Grill design is by Roboduck! and will be milled from 3/16" aluminum. This will mount on the rear exhaust for the 400R chassis.

Old November 15, 2011, 07:07 AM
Allstar

Here is progress on right panel. Yesterday, I created the effect of peeling and scratched paint. I dabbed the edges on the side panel with PlastiKote's #207 Aluminum "Engine Enamel" Silver paint. Sprayed onto paper sheet, then dabbed onto paint brush... Steps to follow include Painting along the edge of the Silver painted chips and scratches, to create illusion of layered paint. ...like this image More weathering and graphic references from firefly will be implemented this week. I'll also be using Sophisticated Finishe's Rust effect products for adding a rust to areas of the exterior.

Old November 15, 2011, 12:33 PM
Allstar

It's still a work in progress and needs a lot of more realistic refinements :) I'll be using Sophisticated Finishes surface effect products to add some rust to areas of the exterior. I used this on the District-9 PC.

District 9 PC exterior....

Old November 15, 2011, 03:23 PM
Rookie

Looking forward to the completion of this project! Loved the Firefly series!!
Old November 16, 2011, 04:50 AM
Allstar

Me too! and Thank you for watching and commenting! I dabbed the steel screws, panel and modders mesh with Sophisticated Finishes surface effect products to add a rust effect. It only requires 2 steps, Apply their Iron Metallic Surfacer first, then Rust Antiquing Solution. The sooner you apply the Rust, the more Orange looking it will be.