Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2011, 03:47 PM
Allstar

I did find 1/4" copper tubing at Home depot, so I'll creating some simulated liquid lines. painted the 2nd panel, Matte Black and installed 1/4" wide u-channel, used as trim around fan holes, sold for xbox 360 shells, but also works on PC panels.

link
Xbox 360 Window Molding Trim

Industrial looking vented cover will be hinged..

Old November 2, 2011, 06:34 PM
Allstar

I didn't have a lot of time today to experiment with my tube bending idea. Here are the 120mm Aerocool fans I painted last night with Rustoleum's Metallic Copper, #1937830. The multi fan blade design fits the antique copper. This paint looks surprisingly realistic, and doesn't smudge like the fake Chrome effect paint. I'm going to airbrush the edges of fan frame and blade hub, to give it aged look, hopefully Thursday night.

Old November 3, 2011, 02:20 PM
Allstar

I inserted bicycle brake cable sheath into the copper, to prevent the tube from collapsing as I bent it around a screw driver handle, propped in bench vise...haha, but it worked :D I have mounted a piece channeled aluminum I scrapped from an old chassis. 1/4" OD copper tubing will route the wires for gum drop LEDs in window frame, back the junction box.

Old November 4, 2011, 05:30 AM
Allstar

Copper tubing and fans installed...

link
Xbox 360 Window Molding Trim

Old November 4, 2011, 10:38 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Looks really good! Now if only i can find a way to siphon some of that mad mod skills....
Old November 4, 2011, 06:32 PM
Allstar

Thank you!

Access panel progress

with mangled vent ..heh

Old November 4, 2011, 06:34 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Lookin great so far dude keep it up!
Old November 5, 2011, 06:49 AM
Allstar

Thank you! more abuse and grime in it's future still, and the fan blades got shaded a bit...hard to see in that pic.....I'm going to work on chassis and bezel next and get back to the panels later

...Did you ever see the episode "Our Mrs Reynolds?" ....Christina Hendricks sabotaged the control panel on the Bridge, the wiring underneath was pretty bad, she even disconnected a PC Molex connector...lol

the wire loom is too glossy, need to weather it next

Old November 5, 2011, 02:55 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Awesome frayed wires! I'm sure I did see the episode but it's probably been a good 3 years since I watched the series...keep meaning to run through it again I'm just super busy =(
Old November 6, 2011, 06:32 AM
Allstar

Thank you! Here are some misc graphics/labels designed for Serenity, these were displayed on cargo, equip or interior features of the ship. Some of these should look really cool distressed on the case.