Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, since you asked...

Let me start by saying I love this mod! It's so different from anything else I've ever seen in terms of both methods and results, it really is one of a kind. Having said that - I do kinda agree that the horns should be reconsidered. If I was seeing this mod for the first time, I don't think I would know they were horns unless you told me.

I'm not sure going the Hellboy route is the answer either since his lopped-off horns would require explaining as well. So I don't really know what to tell you, but if you have some capacity for redoing them, then I'd suggest something along the lines of shaving them down to a point so that they are pointed predominantly upwards like the picture below. Is that even possible?

Anyway - brilliant mod! Lotsa fun!
Attached Images

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old October 18, 2011, 03:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hmmm thatīs a very interesting suggestion, I donīt see why it wouldnīt be possible, plus it would be a lot easier to get simetrical by shaving them down with a rotatory tool. Hmmm thanks for the idea DT, really need to consider this : )
Old November 26, 2011, 02:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

How is this project coming anyways?
Old November 26, 2011, 02:21 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It was on hold while I waited for some materials to arrive, quite a few things have been done, including changing of the horns, a final post including changes and completed pickies shall be on here within the next 9 days : )
Old December 12, 2011, 02:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hi Everyone,

First of all Iīd like to apologize for the delay on finishin this, I had to wait for several thing sto be delivered and once I finally got them I was already busy with AIO AL (a.k.a. nameless mini-mod) and already had my mind set on doing the second mod in a week "Fallout Cause SP", and of course after that I had the final lan & modding event of the year to go to (from which I just got back yesterday). Today I did the finishing touches (several changes had already been done as bits arrived but I wanted to wait till the end to post the final pictures) but to put it all togueter, since my last post. The following things have been changed /added; 1. The horns, as you all know I wasnt 100% happy with them and decided to shorten them and make them as symetrical as I could but I decided to not go all the way to hell-boy style, so I stayed somewhere in between. 2. The paint on the front. I wanted to do something simple that would shape the face that I maded with frontal components. I had done this in the past for a friend and I found a simple V helped a lot, so I went for that and quite happy with it. 3. Touch ups and darkening of certain outside sections, these you couldnīt tell all that much in photos but it was simply something that was bugging me so went ahead and did it. 4. Fix 2 scratches on the side panel. These happened in my last trip and while they wherent that noticeable... you know, just had to fix it. 5. Internal paint touchup, esentially went and redid the inside paint, same colour, but it just needed a second coating. The only left was the frontal spacer for which I couldnīt get a replacement as the spacing between it and horns is quite visible and wouldīve preffered to close it up but, not much I can do now. If I come across one (I think they are the same on all CM HAF cases) I will defo do it up : )

On a side note: I know this mod has been 50/50 all the way, I hope with the final pictures to have changed the mind of some of you who didnīt like it. Personally I am now completely happy with it and quite proud of the result having in mind itīs my first time with epoxy and foam as modding materials. I canīt get over on how much I love the skin effect either. To those that still donīt like it, well... I canīt make everyone happy, as long as you like any other of my projects, Iīm happy ; )

One last thanks to Cooler Master & Kingston for helping out a lot with this project specially someone from Kingston whom I will not mention by name (you know who you are) who has been extremely helpfull all the way, thanks!!!

So here you go, the final pictures of Project: Diabolo:

Thanks for reading!
Old December 12, 2011, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice work! Turned out well, and I love how the guts look like... well, guts. You need to get some red LEDs in that res though to make them eyes gloooooooooooow!

Old December 12, 2011, 03:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks a lot DT, Iīd loove too! but I just dont see a way of doing it, unless I can find something like an led within the wc tube I dont see how : /
Old December 12, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Unless I'm mistaken - that res has a third G1/4" port right? If that's the case, then something like this plus this equals red glowing eyes! Anyway - I'm just nitpicking now. It looks great!

Old December 16, 2011, 09:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looking cool, and I HATE that case originally you hid the nasty nicely.

*Post edited by ST*

Last edited by Soultribunal; December 16, 2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old December 16, 2011, 04:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

thanks guys, and unless Iīve missed it, not it doesnt DT but thanks for the links :D

Diabolo will go on sale soon enough aniway (no hw included), so Iī m not to bothered, just happy to have finished it, itīs taken 3 times longer than any of my mods and itīs not the best of them in my oppinion so ... :S