Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2011, 04:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quick Update:

So I just ordered a few goodies, this should complete the list of accesories : )

Sharkoon Cold Cathode 30 4x RED Kit,

Sunbeam Cold Cathode 30cm single UV.

Revoltec 5.25" Fan Controller (will be painted according to color scheme).

L.I.S. Premium Silver Frontal Unit (will be painted according to color scheme and in shape of a mouth, teeth, etc).

Aquacomputer Aquabox Professional 5 Black Reservoir (will be painted to act as the eyes)

EK-Ekoolant Blood Red 1000ml x2

EK Waterblocks EK-KIT H30 - Supreme LT 360 Cu

All to arrive on Monday : )
Old October 7, 2011, 11:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Update:

Iīve given the horns one more coat of epoxy to round things up and give them their final shape before sanding down in order to get them ready for paint.

And started coating the rest of the case with the "skin" which will be painted in a mixture of black, brown, blood red and fire red tones...
...infected blisters anyone?

Now to let it dry till tomorrow.
Old October 8, 2011, 08:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Update:

Iīve aplied first coat of "skin" to the rest of the areas that where meant to have it. Once dry (in a couple of hours) I will cover all "skin" areas with a very very thin layer of epoxy, so it still keeps the detail but becomes much stronger (it is quite frail on itīs own).

Old October 8, 2011, 12:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Second Update of the Day:

Second and final coat of "skin" (for this one, epoxy as opposed to foam) done. Now it has to dry, tomorrow I will sand any imperfections of over the edge material and prep it for paint (primer).

Old October 9, 2011, 09:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Update:

Ok, so, imperfections sanded down, panels put togueter, masking tape...

...and first coat of primer paint. Needs a second coat but Iīm out of primer so will have to wait till tomorrow so I can go get some (was going aniway to buy the actual paint).

Iīm really starting to see the final picture : )
Old October 10, 2011, 08:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Update:

So goodies arrived : )

Ok, lets start the paintjob!

First, a second coat of primer was added, but no need for pictures, itīs just primer, plus it looks like the previous pictures...

Second, a coat of visceral red (it really does look visceral!)

Now letīs darken the whole thing with tones of blood red, purple and black...

more...

mooore! (and while Iīm at it, horns!, also, 100th picture of the project)

MORE!!

MOOOAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!

Thatīs more like it : )

Close ups of the horn thatīs almost finished so far...

Now, 3 hours of dry time and then more ; )
Old October 10, 2011, 01:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Second Update of the day:

Second and last fase for the exterior paintjob, another coat of paint and itīs different tones has been added, finished the horns, used brown ink (the one I used to stain the horns) to highlight corners and all sorts of parts in the case, to give it that worn feel to it.

Tomorrow morning Iīll be doing the paintjob of the inside, bright fire red to contrast, the components that will be painted I havenīt decided yet wether to paint them that way, or the same tones used on the outside.

Will let it dry for the rest of the day and then in the evening/night, assemble the whole thing, components, liquid cooling, fans, etc...

On wednesday itīs going to an all week long modding event to make itīs debut.

Aniway, enjoy. Iīm knakered.

Old October 11, 2011, 05:35 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Update:

The interior paint is done and so are the caseīs accesories, as you can see, I only gave it one coat (after primer) because I donīt think a perfect solid red paintjob would suit the look of the case, this way, it still has tones of the black primer, and itīs now been lackered in a metal finish, that way, even the tones shine. Itīs time to start with the components.

Yes, those are the eyes ; ) (modified reservoir).

More updates and final completed update later today.
Old October 13, 2011, 05:47 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Wow, cant wait to see this when its done.
Looking great so far. Cool idea using the reservoir for eyes.
Old October 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hi Everyone!

Iīm back from the Campus Party Milenio, got to meet some great people/modders and see some really good work! Diabolo was put togueter and was taken to this event, however, itīs by no means finished, it was merely made "presentable" for the event. The official presentation of the finished product will be in the Murcia Lan Party on the 6th of December.

For the purpose of updates, I will ignore the fact of the process I took to get it ready for the event in question and continue with the last update I did before then : )

Right so, Iīve put the frontal togueter to see how it would look and judge if I needed changes. First problem, the upper grill was measured wrong, so to much space was left between such and the horns, luckyly, I have spares so will be doing that again.

the 275s have been painted:

the X-Fi Titanium:

The Sabertooth:

The PSU cover (I have left the psu untouched aside from the sleeving Iīll be doing as a sign of respect to my sponsor).

I left the cooling running all night to test for leaks with no problem so I put it in, mounted the radiator, havenīt mounted the pump yet, itīs simply sitting on one of the bays, mostly to see where I want to put it). And turned everyone on, just to make sure everything was working, and surely enough, it was. Only one GPU in though as Iīll be using the other one on my current rig so I can use it meanwhile : )

Iīm currently debating about the horns. While itīs my first time doing such structure, and decently happy as to how it turned out, Iīm not 100%, the simetrical different doesnīt really bother me, plus it would be incredibly hard to do so, specially with such materials, Itīs the size of them that bothers me.

One of the ideas that came up was to cutting them to a point and shaping them hell-boy style, what do you guys think?

Thatīs all for now, Iīm waiting on some materials to arrive before I can continue.