Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2011, 08:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default 1/8" hst 2:1 shrink ratio

Hey. So I found a 100ft spool of 1/8" heatshrink and I was wondering if that was the correct size for individual cable sleeving. I can get the spool for an awesome price. With it being 2:1 shrink ratio it should properly shrink over the cable + sleeving...thoughts?

Edit: Found some 18awg cable (same as typical mobo cables) lying around the shop. Works great, don't have sleeving here, but I am sure it will fit over just fine. Was worried about it not tightening over the cable, due to it only being a 2:1...but works perfect, and if I learned how to read at a young age I would have seen it clearly marked on the tag 24-20 awg =P So it will also work for fans @ approx 24awg cable size.

Anyone here ever deal with Dazemode? How is the service? I need to get some more sleeving and there price seems pretty decent.

Last edited by Jonesy; September 27, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old September 27, 2011, 10:31 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Daz is great.
He answers questions pretty quickly, and is quite helpful.
Got all my stuff that I ordered from dazmode.com without any trouble.
Old September 27, 2011, 11:22 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have not yet ordered from Daz, but the quick responses to question both here on these forums and the forums on his website speak volumes.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank