Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2008, 09:52 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It's something that Asus came up with for the M3A32-MVP. Asus claims it drops the Ram temp by like 10C, no idea really... I just think it looks cool. The Ram in the photo is just some test stuff to see the fit.

No idea if I am really going to use it, I'm fabricating a fan mount for it anyways.
The Fans are BIG for sure... there 12V to 24V variable with a max Wattage of 25W, and yes I know there being way underpowered.
My fan controller only supplies 10W per fan. However they are not as loud as you may think, other wise I wouldn't of used them.

Thanks Charlie...
I Will be doing the final holes and cord organization AFTER everything is mounted. Most of it is undecided how it will look, I'll be going with the flow as you would say.
In order for the pump to get suction the line has to be constantly full. Inside the res there is a sealed solid line that goes to the bottom, so once the line is full and the system is full, the suction will remain unless I pull the line out of the reservoir.

In order for me to start the suction I need to have the line MOSTLY full, after that the pump will have the pull to suck it out. I did a trial to make sure it works and it was successful.

I could of just simple drilled a whole in the bottom or side and put a fitting, but thats just another possible leaking point. Trying to avoid as many possible leaking points.

Last edited by chibi_man; February 20, 2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old February 20, 2008, 11:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wow, those pics elicited noises of amazement from me, possibly drool as well but lets not allow that visual to spoil the effect. Nice. That's modding hardcore, I love the custom tech rig.

Old February 20, 2008, 12:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

When I am done the Visual aspect of the rig will speak for itself ^_^
Old February 20, 2008, 06:58 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Water loop is 98% complete!

Well, my plumbing work is VERY near completion. I just have to put the remaining return barbs into the reservoir and she is ready for full testing. Check it out!

Heres the nice handy work... Solid copper lines, GOTTA LOVE IT

Old February 20, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gonna give it some proper feet?
Old February 20, 2008, 08:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Eventually... It will be one of the last things I do before painting and polishing begins.
Old February 20, 2008, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I like the solid copper pipe. It can certainly make complex setups more manageable. Whipping up some sort of shroud for the fans would probably make those HC's MUCH more effective.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old February 20, 2008, 09:52 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I've been debating on a fan shroud idea... The fabrication portion is of some concern to me, not entirely sure how I wish to do it. Could try molding a sheet of plastic....
Who knows... if you got ideas I would love to hear them.
Old February 21, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

Hard to say about the shroud, it might be a good idea, it might not be necessary. If you've already got more rad than fan, then there might not be much gain to be had. You could make up a ghetto shroud, just to determine effeectiveness. Just take a big piece of cardboard and cut like so:
Attachment 1554
Fold the sides down over the rad, and seal all the cracks with packing tape. It would at least give you an idea of whether you should consider going to the trouble of making a proper one with a piece of plastic or sheet metal.

Last edited by MpG; January 3, 2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old February 21, 2008, 11:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Yea, I don't believe a shroud will be necessary. There is lots of air movement in and around the rads. If anything I'm going to make a gasket of sort to separate the fans from the face of the rads so they won't vibrate as much. After that I gotta decide on a fan cover. Those fans damn near took my finger off once... Those things are tough as nails.