Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2011, 11:37 AM
Allstar

Default WIP: Cooler Master HAF Case Mod "R E S U R R E K T I O N"

This is a resurrection of a personal project I started years ago titled "Psychosis" inspired by H.R. GIGER

Half way into it, I decided the P-1 era chassis wouldn't fit my vision. After reviewing CM's 912 basic and seeing that they just started their annual mod contest, I figured I would "resurrect" the project and enter the 912 chassis. However I don't think I'll make the deadline. This is a personal build, not be confused my Bio-Mechanical PC project which is still shelved until I've reached some decisions on it.

Click Image To Case Mod Store

120mm blow hole kit, 120mm Billet Fan Grill Blow Hole Kit

Overkill 120mm Ring, 120mm Overkill Fan Grills

Painting the chassis FLAT BLACK Enamel.

The HD will be mounted on the bezel. Here is the windowed shell for the HD.

Everything will be covered with Black PSU Sleeving Kit

Mounted the rear vents

June 18, 2011 Update, Case Mod ______RESURREKTION______ Updated! - Page 3 - bit-tech.net Forums

I wanted this build to be the 1st with "hand painted" artwork on the TUF shield, that reflects the theme I created on the chassis. So I enlisted Brad's paint skills. In return, he asked that I take him out to dinner at Big Bowl with Knob Creek and Cokes :cooldude: which is fine dining to us backwoods hicks. So, the cover for optional 50mm fan served as nice location for bio-mech skull taken from the front of the chassis. Brad chalked out general idea and location for the artwork. Other than using hand made square ribbon stencil and corsair 600T intake grill as a stencil, everything was painted off the cuff, freehand without stencils. Since ASUS was kind enuf to send me the p67, it's only proper that their logo gets incorporated into the artwork. (since I removed their stickers!) I'm also leaning toward anodizing their Green heatsinks Black...btw" Notice how the mb heatsink matches the Green paper on the table perfectly? coincidence or a warning to not change them?.... btw: You won't see the brown & tan gpu slots

Don't pay $40 for professional airbrush stencils! Make your own, grab image online, edit in photochop, print it, then cut it yourself with Xacto knife.

I just happen to have an intake grill from corsair 600T in my car...lol. It served as perfect stencil for airbrushing the mesh grid background. Otherwise Round Modders Mesh would have worked too!

1st official custom "hand painted design" asus sabertooth?

This Holiday weekend allowed me to forge forward! HD cover mounted, tried 5mm Green LEDs, but I'm thinking White would be better.

Black sleeving, PC Cable and Wire Sleeving Kit

Last edited by Mnpctech; May 13, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old September 5, 2011, 12:11 PM
MVP

Very most impressive as always guys!

Last edited by BrutalGreen; September 5, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old September 5, 2011, 02:03 PM
MVP

WooooW Bill, nice modding so far. The HDD cover is pure eye candy. Very neat how you mirrored the tubing on the mobo cover.

Very nice and will be following
Old September 5, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

OMG Bill! another awesome project.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 6, 2011, 04:49 AM
Allstar

Thanks for the comments guys!

I may just stay with Green LEDs. I'm short on any spare White 5mm LEDs atm. I mounted the two I&H 225 Reservoirs on the bezel, which now looks very "Trek" on it's own :D fyi: Ian Hall made these reservoirs by hand and it appears he stopped them. I couldn't find them in stock anywhere. Dropped him a message other day, to see whats up?

Old September 6, 2011, 06:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looks really good. I might have missed it, but what did you mold the skull out of or did you reuse a skull from something else? Almost feel sorry for that 912 though.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 7, 2011, 08:08 AM
Allstar

I made for another build a few years ago. Here is the chassis so far with Reservoirs mounted.

Old September 8, 2011, 05:33 AM
Allstar

Thank you! Anyone know where you get the Black BP G-1/4" plugs shown on this res? If not, I can make new ones, just trying to save some time :)

Old September 8, 2011, 07:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Pretty sure it's this one: Bitspower G1/4" Low-Profile Stop Fitting with O-ring (Set of Two) - Black Matte Finish Products Model: BP-MBWP-C09 [BP-MBWP-C09] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come as I have a few of them.
Old September 8, 2011, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This one is logoless if you would prefer: Stop Plug Fitting w/ Slot Head - Black Stop Plug Fitting w/ Slot Head - Black [SCR-CP003PG-BK] - $2.99 : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!