Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2014, 10:57 AM
Allstar

That would be great to see and bring more attention to his legacy akira

Giger's recent passing has made this project now a priority for me. Intel 1155, i7 3770, 3.5 GHz CPU will be cooled by Swiftech's new Apogee XL waterblock. My good friend EEL Ambiense has offered to create a new H.R. GIGER inspired cover plate for the Apogee XL. We're still debating about the design... I just may go with "H.R. GIGER, 1940 - 2014", since this has become a tribute build to him.

Test Fitting Hardware Labs Black Ice NEMESIS 360 GTX Radiator. The chassis is a Cooler Master HAF 912, rotated 90 degrees.

Old June 27, 2014, 07:00 AM
Allstar

Working on a bracket this afternoon for mounting the 360GTX radiator. For CPU loop, I'm using Black Ice Nemesis 120 GTX Radiator, mounted in the top, which is actually the rear exhaust fan hole. I rotated the Cooler Master HAF 912 chassis 90 degrees. It has a Black anodized Overkill 120mm Fan Ring mounted over it.

These are something I've wanted to offer for awhile, Best description I can think of is "Open Air" style fan and radiator grill frames. You can use them as template. *Combine or layer them with other grills or perforated materials to create your own custom styled fan or radiator grill.*
Open Air PC Cooling Fan and Radiator Grills

Last edited by Mnpctech; September 7, 2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old June 27, 2014, 09:36 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
That would be great to see and bring more attention to his legacy akira

Giger's recent passing has made this project now a priority for me. Intel 1155, i7 3770, 3.5 GHz CPU will be cooled by Swiftech's new Apogee XL waterblock. My good friend EEL Ambiense has offered to create a new H.R. GIGER inspired cover plate for the Apogee XL. We're still debating about the design... I just may go with "H.R. GIGER, 1940 - 2014", since this has become a tribute build to him.
My case for the tribute is being currently fabricated by the company who made it! I can't wait to begin this project!

My only problem (not a bad one ;)) is that I have no idea what I will put in it. The only thing I bought so far are the PSU, the Motherboard and the RAM.

There's going to be some 3D printed elements for the theme and some custom work already done on the case by the manufacturer....and probably some CNC work in acrylic and in aluminum....but that part is only a maybe since I don't have access to any CNC.

I can't wait to see the custom work on the CPU block!

You did a tremendous job so far!!!

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Work In Progress : Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)
Old June 30, 2014, 11:24 AM
Allstar

WOW, that sounds amazing already!!!!! Please let me know when you start it!!

Ditching the front HD for this Stainless Steel reservoir, made by Cheapskate for the Lanboy Apocalypse build from 4 years ago... This is for the Crossfire GPU liquid loop. To hold the res, I'm using this vented anodized aluminum panel I cannibalized from NZXT Khaos full tower few years ago. I will be mounting Black plastic flexible conduit between the fins.

Old June 30, 2014, 12:45 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
WOW, that sounds amazing already!!!!! Please let me know when you start it!!
For sure! It will be in the Zoo too

Old July 1, 2014, 09:21 AM
Allstar

Nice, look forward to watching it unfold!

Front is still in progress, I have more flexible conduit to add, and here is the stainless res mounted on front, and will be airbrushing it, among with other portion of the exterior Thursday morning

Old July 1, 2014, 12:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Awesome!!

Old July 2, 2014, 12:36 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Oh yeah

that front is amazing

Old July 2, 2014, 04:21 AM
Allstar

Thank you guys! I'll be back in the workshop this afternoon working on GPU loop. I made mesh cover for the D5 pump with Black Acetal top that I won from Alphacool last year, and will post photos as soon as I can.
Old July 2, 2014, 08:27 AM
Allstar

Made mesh shroud for the D5 water pump and Alphacool Black Acetal top, and waiting for fittings to arrive for GPU loop.