Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2011, 12:56 PM
Rookie

Default Modder's Mesh

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions on where to find local "Modder's Mesh" as supplied by MNPC tech. I'm looking to hack up my 800D and would like to put it in the area's that will be open. I have debated on just ordering some from MNPC tech but I don't really want to wait for shipping to come across the border, and the additional cost that comes with it. I'm ordering a lot of water cooling parts from Dazmode in the near future here and was hoping he kept some in stock but unfortunately there's only 120mm covers available.

Does anyone know of something similar that can be bought from local computer stores or hardware stores that will do the job? I've thought about just getting a large office mesh trash can and cutting out what I need, but other then that I haven't really found anything online at Home Depot or stores similar to that. In a perfect world anything as close to the MNPC tech's modder's mesh would be ideal as there will be a rad behind it.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I reside in Richmond (near Vancouver) if that makes any difference.

Cheers.
Old August 27, 2011, 01:02 PM
Top Prospect

I use mesh from eavestroughs. You can find these eavestrough protector things at canadian tire for about 20 bux. it gives you SOO much mesh lol enough to cover 15 feet of eves.

Secondary System:
Phenom II 940 @ 3.8ghz//ASUS M4A78-E ATX 790GX//XFX 8800 GTS//OCZ 700W//ThermalTake Soprano RS Modded//8gb OCZ SLI edition DDR2-800//1TB WD Green.
Old August 27, 2011, 01:12 PM
Rookie

Haha, I was actually just looking at that. The only issue is that it wouldn't be 1 solid piece as the one I'm looking at is only 6" wide. It is 25' long though!

edit: And only 5 bucks too lol.
Old August 27, 2011, 03:41 PM
MVP

Quick search gave this I am sure there are lots in lower mainland
Old August 28, 2011, 08:03 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Hi, I ordered a few times from MNPC tech. It takes about one week to arrive near Montréal but it's worth it. I did not find anything that matches Bill Owen's mesh quality. I used car grill mesh, Mod Right mesh (avoid this one if it's not raw, the painted finish is awefull...), AC Ryan and other things I found in hardware and electronics stores. Nothing beats MNPC mesh... I think it's worth the wait. It's easy to work with and it's the best looking mesh IMO.
Old August 28, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

metal supermarket man, thats were i get mine. cheap to, 20 bucks will get you 4 square feet. just clean it and paint it.
Old August 28, 2011, 11:31 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
metal supermarket man, thats were i get mine. cheap to, 20 bucks will get you 4 square feet. just clean it and paint it.
Thanks a lot!

Exactly what I was looking for. Once I get some measurements I'll swing by there and see what they can do for me.