Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2011, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Lian-Li Black and orange

well i finially got my favorite case back, a Lian-Li V1000b. i sold it some time ago and regretted it ever since. so i got i back from SugarJ today and i thought it only fitting to tear it apart and paint it up and make it look awesome. the plan so far is to paint all the inside silver parts Orange, next i will be removing 4 out of the 5 dvd drive spaces and make a custom hdd mount in its place, some cable management holes have been added in the back. i dont quite now what i am going to do for a hdd mount and am open to suggestions, this will all be cover with perforated steel so air can still pass through and you can also see it. hope you guys like it.

Last edited by kyle_L; August 13, 2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old August 11, 2011, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Orange anyone
Old August 11, 2011, 08:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Lol. It was noon when you picked it up, and by 4:30 it's apart and painted. Glad to see it being put to use.
Old August 11, 2011, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Lol. It was noon when you picked it up, and by 4:30 it's apart and painted. Glad to see it being put to use.
yup, exept i forgot to cut a hole in the motherboard tray to get at the back of the mother board
Old August 12, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

im liking the way this is turning out, quick teaser while i wait to get more paint. and its almost to much orange, thankfully i have a mat black motherboard.

Old August 12, 2011, 03:10 PM
Top Prospect

so much orange! but damn does it look sexy keep up the great work kyle
Old August 12, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

almost done, just have to figure out what to do for hdd mounts, i have removed the bottom cages to make way for a 240 rad and pump. so i must get something that fits in the drive bays. here is a teaser pick, still have a little work to do tomorow.
Old August 12, 2011, 08:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Looks really good. I was thinking my orange case would drive me nuts, but i love it.

Grade shade of orange too!
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old August 12, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not very familiar with the case, so I decided to google image search it and see. Lo and behold, your work log pictures are the top response. Not bad for a days work ad a new thread. LoL
Old August 13, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

done, exept i forgot the front fan mount, so its drying now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
I'm not very familiar with the case, so I decided to google image search it and see. Lo and behold, your work log pictures are the top response. Not bad for a days work ad a new thread. LoL
sweet.