Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
Rookie

i am jelly. what exactly are you going to be using this system for?
Old October 27, 2011, 10:13 PM
Top Prospect

Multi screen gaming, folding, video, audio and photo editing & business use. :)
Borg Homeworld - i7 3930K @ 5Ghz kryos HF .925 silver WB - ASUS RIVE Koolance RIVE WB - 4way SLI GTX 580-3GB UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB DDR3-2200 RAM WB - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2x Enermax 1500W PSUs - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Nvidia Surround
Old November 1, 2011, 11:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

How much is that going to weigh after it is done?
Old November 7, 2011, 04:32 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Amazing!
Old November 29, 2011, 11:18 PM
Rookie

Default WOW!

Like WOW, excellent work of art there. I have never seen a build quite like that before. You know what would be nice if it was fitted into a wood housing like they used to put in those old 26" console tvs in the late '70s, some of them had a beautiful wood finish.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

good lord that's a monster of a build. Must be 3grand worth of cooling on that rig.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It does look amazing, never quite understood watercooling your ram though...
Old November 30, 2011, 04:44 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
It does look amazing, never quite understood watercooling your ram though...
When you run 1.7v+ through them @ 2200Mhz they get too hot to touch and unstable even with a fan.
Even for normal 2000Mhz @ 1.65v when fully populated with 6 slots they still get a little too hot even with a fan for my liking.

I just discovered that you can use Matrox PowerDesk software on Nvidia Surround to setup virtual monitors, it's similar to Hydragrid on Eyefinity setups but seems to work better.
Finally I can leave my system in surround view 6040x1080 with 4way SLI and use the monitors as 3 individual monitors for applications and maximise/snap to a single monitor!
Also allows to set default open monitor! I've been searching for something like AMD/ATI Hydragrid since I moved from ATI Eyefinity.
I LOVE IT!
For those interested, you just need to setup Nvidia Surround or 3D Surround like normal and then download the appropriate version of PowerDesk.
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 x86:
Matrox Graphics - Support - Driver Download
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 x64:

I have also found a way to get the start menu / task bar in the middle of a surround monitor setup!
Aston2 Windows Shell replacement.

I just need to say HOW MUCH I LOVE this combo!!! Maximum efficiency and maximum performance without switching between multi-monitor and surround!
Just leave in surround mode and enjoy 4way SLI in surround with multi-monitor type flexibility!!!!

Aston Desktop. Windows Shell Replacement, Virtual Desktop Manager, Desktop Programs, Animated 3d Wallpaper Themes, Skins, Visual Styles

The problem with most of the start menu replacements is that they dont replace the shell so even though it might look different you can't move the location of the start menu way from the left hand corners of the left screen.

I tried several menu replacements apps and the Aston shell replacement was the only one that allow positioning the start menu in the middle screen when in surround mode. Other wise your stuck in the far left screen for start menu which is horrible to use.

Aston desktop shell is fully customizable with layout, skins, widgets and panels. It even allows you to create multiple start menus if you desire so you could put one in the corner of each monitor if you wanted.
Borg Homeworld - i7 3930K @ 5Ghz kryos HF .925 silver WB - ASUS RIVE Koolance RIVE WB - 4way SLI GTX 580-3GB UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB DDR3-2200 RAM WB - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2x Enermax 1500W PSUs - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Nvidia Surround
Old November 30, 2011, 08:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice dude! I totally get the water cooling the ram thing. I played around with the OCZ stuff and even though everyone said it was a waste of time I can tell you it was worth it. The airflow you normally get from the HSF is gone thus the ram temps get stagnant and overclocking gets unstable.

I had a far easier time OCIng with the ram underwater than without. Good luck with the build. Lets see some benchmarks!
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboy69 View Post
I just discovered that you can use Matrox PowerDesk software on Nvidia Surround to setup virtual monitors, it's similar to Hydragrid on Eyefinity setups but seems to work better.
Finally I can leave my system in surround view 6040x1080 with 4way SLI and use the monitors as 3 individual monitors for applications and maximise/snap to a single monitor!
Also allows to set default open monitor! I've been searching for something like AMD/ATI Hydragrid since I moved from ATI Eyefinity.
I LOVE IT!
For those interested, you just need to setup Nvidia Surround or 3D Surround like normal and then download the appropriate version of PowerDesk.
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 x86:
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 x64:

Been frusteratedly running an nvidia surround setup with macros to swap before and after gaming for months now without finding an acceptable solution. Will definitely check this out.