Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4, 2011, 06:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

First off, awesome build so far DT. Between you and 3.0 you have some amazing tech on the go there.

One thing to note, if you want to add additional cooling to your HAF that is more stylish, CM has a bay adaptor that I use with a high flow fan that gives the extra air where I need it. Many companies have them out there now to add additional HDD's , I just use them to put extra fans and such inside.

Can't wait to see the net result,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 7, 2011, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the input ST! In fact, if you look closely at the pictures of BOSServer earlier in the thread, you'll see I used one of those CM bay adapters in it.

Just a quick little update to say that it looks like I will, in fact, be adding one final machine to the farm. It will be called Quicksilver.

No details as of yet, as I want to build up the anticipation, the suspense, the excitement! Suffice to say, Quicksilver will be absolutely ridiculous.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old October 11, 2011, 09:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Thanks for the input ST! In fact, if you look closely at the pictures of BOSServer earlier in the thread, you'll see I used one of those CM bay adapters in it.

Just a quick little update to say that it looks like I will, in fact, be adding one final machine to the farm. It will be called Quicksilver.

No details as of yet, as I want to build up the anticipation, the suspense, the excitement! Suffice to say, Quicksilver will be absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah I had to look real close but I see that you are, which is cool. I find they come in really handy for adding that little bit of extra airflow. Nice to see the builds, keep it up mate!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 13, 2011, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks again ST!

A couple small updates to report...

First of all, I completed the P-Delta and P-Epsilon GPU folding builds. As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't planning to build any more dedicated GPU folding rigs, but since these can be located in a place where I am not responsible for the hydro bill, and since I already had all the hardware, I figured I might as well take advantage of the opportunity. So here they are - not terribly exciting, but I am a fan of the H70's going into them. It means that I can keep my QX9650 at 4.0 and my i7 860 at 3.8 cool without any of my usual 3k RPM Scythe Ultra Kazes!

Also - some news regarding Shoebox. My orange Xiggy fans (with white LEDs) arrived yesterday:

You might recall that the colour scheme for Shoebox is going to be orange, white and black. Since the stock fans in the Elysium are black with white LEDs, I figured I needed something to spruce it up a bit more than that, which is why you see what you see here. The arrival of these fans is significant because it means that building can begin. I have *basically* all the parts I need. I'm still missing 2 5mm orange LEDs, which I forgot to include in my last order from Dazmode. So I'll have to grab those at some point, but there's no reason why they would have to hold up the build. I'm also undecided on whether I want to get sleeved cable extensions. Once I have some pictures to share, I might have to ask for you, the noble reader, to help me decide.

This is actually an exciting moment in the work log because all of the boring stuff has been taken care of. All that remains is Shoebox, Suite300 and the mysterious Quicksilver, and each one of those should be pretty interesting builds. So, since it's been a while, I leave you with this...

U2--Maggie's Farm/Cold Turkey//Conspiracy Of Hope Part 3/5 - YouTube

Old October 14, 2011, 10:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have a busy weekend of work ahead of me - oh joy, oh bliss - but I'm hoping to at least get started on Shoebox tomorrow night. But before I do, I just wanted to share a couple more photos of the Xigmatek Elysium to show just how big this case really is...

Okay, so here it is in relation to a fairly standard mid-ATX tower case, the Antec 200. Obviously the picture speaks for itself:

And it even outbiggens the otherwise gargantuan ATCS 840 full tower, although the two are of roughly comparable size:

Anyway, just thought I'd share that. Also thought I'd share a quick update on the no-longer-mysterious Quicksilver as parts start to arrive...

Last edited by Dead Things; October 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old October 15, 2011, 05:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All I can see is Intel somethingsomething. Honestly DT, with all that fabbin' n constructin', how do you find time to eat & go to the bathroom?

Old October 15, 2011, 10:38 AM
MVP

*takes a fairly wild guess* are those s1567 procs?
Old October 15, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe.

Old October 15, 2011, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow , man where do you get all of that, I really wished I had the room ( and the funds lol)to do those kind of projects .
Old October 15, 2011, 06:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

is that thoses one are this??

Brand Name Intel
Product Line Xeon
Product Model E7-4870
Product Name Xeon Deca-core E7-4870 2.4GHz Processor
Package Type Retail
Product Type Processor
Technical Information
Processor Manufacturer Intel
Processor Core Deca-core 10cores 20 threads
Clock Speed 2.40 GHz
Bus Speed Not Applicable
HyperTransport Speed Not Applicable
QuickPath Interconnect 6.40 GT/s
Direct Media Interface Not Applicable
L2 Cache 2.56 MB
L3 Cache 30 MB
64-bit Processing Yes
Process Technology 32 nm
Processor Technology Turbo Boost Technology
Hyper-Threading Technology
Virtualization Technology
Trusted Execution Technology
Extended Memory 64 Technology
Enhanced SpeedStep Technology
Processor Socket Socket LGA-1567
Server system
|I7 3820|Asus P9X79|12G G.Skill 1600Mhz|Noctua NH-D14|Corsair Force 3 120GB|LSI megaRAID 9261 8|5X 3TB|Corsair AX650|Fractal Design Arc Midi|