Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by severity View Post
you folders are insane .
I prefer the term "special."

Quick update regarding the lack of updates:

1) I am adding a new build to the farm called "Mojo" thanks to our good friend Rison (sp.).

2) Got my other SR-2 back from RMA so that construction of Shoebox can begin again. Yes, first I had to RMA one of the chips, then the board. Shoebox has had more setbacks than... well, something that has a lot of setbacks. I am feverishly knocking on wood as I type this.

3) Still waiting on my replacement reservoir from FrozenQ for Suite300. Let's just say I won't ever try ordering anything directly from FrozenQ ever again. Communication has been absolutely lousy and the wait has been ridiculous. The res I received was unfinished (just a box, no mounting holes or hardware at all). I alerted FrozenQ about this on Dec. 27. I'd send in three emails for every one I got back, which would invariably indicate that a replacement was on its way. I'm a patient guy, but suffice to say dealing with FrozenQ is really trying my patience.

4) I will provide an update on Quicksilver's performance numbers as well as a picture or two hopefully tonight. She ain't pretty, but she can fold a protein pretty good.

5) I will also provide an update on the entire farm eventually, since so many of the component parts have changed since the original posts of this thread. I'm going to wait until everything's done, though, before doing this - since a few more changes to the current plan may yet happen.

In sum, thanks for your patience and thanks for reading my thread!

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old February 20, 2012, 02:02 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I have holes still left on my desk from knocking on wood from my past experience with the SR2s... #4 was the lucky One.
Old February 20, 2012, 02:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I have holes still left on my desk from knocking on wood from my past experience with the SR2s... #4 was the lucky One.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 20, 2012, 02:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Now now now, I have Evga's back-up on this.
All 3 first boards were DOAs.

Old February 20, 2012, 02:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

If you call hitting them with a hammer "DOA" then I can almost believe that
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old February 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Keep up the good work Dead Things this thread is special
Old February 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
3) Still waiting on my replacement reservoir from FrozenQ for Suite300. Let's just say I won't ever try ordering anything directly from FrozenQ ever again. Communication has been absolutely lousy and the wait has been ridiculous. The res I received was unfinished (just a box, no mounting holes or hardware at all). I alerted FrozenQ about this on Dec. 27. I'd send in three emails for every one I got back, which would invariably indicate that a replacement was on its way. I'm a patient guy, but suffice to say dealing with FrozenQ is really trying my patience.
I bought a frozen Q bay rez in December from Daz and it came with the mounting hole drilled straight through into the res, total full flow leak. Since Daz was out of town I sent an RMA to FrozenQ and have yet to get any news. I hunted down the founder on another forum and he told me they were making me a replacement. A month and a half later, still no communication and no RMA.

Needless to say I won't be recommending or repurchasing anything frozenQ. I'm starting to think I'm out $110.
Old March 15, 2012, 04:26 PM
Rookie

Wink

Anxiously waiting for some pics.
Old August 8, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay, well, thought I should post an update to this thread since it's been almost half a year since my last post. First and foremost, almost no progress has been made since February. Thusly, there are no photos to share.

BUT...

The reason for the lack of progress initially was that parts were crapping out on me and I was hitting stonewalls on a number of builds. Over time, those issues have been resolved and the current reason for the lack of progress is heat-related. Hey, I ain't complaining - I'm loving the summer weather! It just ain't so conducive to folding if ya know what I mean.

So the most significant outstanding items that have yet to be finished include the following:

1) Completing the watercooling loop in Suite300 now that I *finally* have a working reservoir from FrozenQ.
2) Replacing the CPUs in Shoebox, as you may recall that one of my Xeon X5675's died mysteriously. They will be replaced by a pair of Xeon X5679's while the remaining functional X5675 will go into Suite300. The Xeon E5649 originally earmarked for Suite300 will probably be sold off.
3) Ziz is gone, no longer part of the farm. Ziz was sitting idle because I couldn't fold with it over the summer due to the heat, so I sold it. Broke my heart to do it, but selling Ziz cleared the path for a new rig - Draa. Draa will be my first foray into G34, but I'll spare the details until the build begins (still waiting on the mobo).

With Autumn approaching, I expect to wrap up the farm's outstanding items by the end of September in preparation for the 2012/2013 folding season. Once done, I'll do a recap of the farm - will be fun to see how similar (or not) the final farm looks compared to the original plan. In the short-term, I hope to have Shoebox functional if not finalized within a week, so that's the first update with pics you should expect.

In the interim, let's here it for Michael and Andrew!

Michael and Andrew "Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More" - YouTube

(I suppose we can also thank script kiddies for the lack of YouTube embedding now too.)

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old August 16, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hey !!

I'll still work on your farm.I'll help you any way I can.

....But hey man, we gotta sell your vegetables to this other buyer I know....It's the "HWC farm aggregate"