Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2008, 08:48 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

So what are the loops/components then and where do you think all this will fit in?
Old February 24, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok... the loops are:

1) CPU>NB (still thinking about mosfets, even though it's not totally necessary)
2) 2 3870 X2's

I got a drivebay reservoir for the CPU loop. The pump fits perfectly in the bottom right corner mounted on the Mobo tray with the rad mounted in the front drivebays.

The second rad will go on the back with a radbox and the pump mounted on the floor of the case with the Micro res mounted on the crossbeam. I did a lot of measuring and checking and I'm confident this will fit nicely.

I just put the first coat of primer on today (it was warm, +1 Celsius today!)

Hopefully It'll be nice and dry tomorrow so I can sand and put on the second coat. I need to take advantage of the next couple of days because on Wed the high will be -10

Here are some pics with the primer done. Notice the huge amount of snow on my back deck

Old February 24, 2008, 01:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

One thing I will try one day is a dual loop with a single reservoir - like a 5.25 bay res, with dual inlets and a single exhaust with a Y.
Old February 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
One thing I will try one day is a dual loop with a single reservoir - like a 5.25 bay res, with dual inlets and a single exhaust with a Y.
That would be cool, but I am going with two different colours of coolant, so I'd like to have two different reservoirs.

Now comes the fun part... waiting for the primer to dry and sanding

Then cleaning, priming again, waiting and sanding.

I figure two more coats of primer nicely sanded. Then 3 coats of paint nicely sanded.

One thing I haven't been able to find is spraycans of clearcoat. At least at Canadian Tire.

I might have to try Home Depot...

Also, for edging the holes I cut in the mobo tray, I was thinking of using 1/8" tubing, but it looks like crap. What do you guys use? I've seen guys with nice black rubber edging material.
Old February 24, 2008, 04:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
That would be cool, but I am going with two different colours of coolant, so I'd like to have two different reservoirs.

Now comes the fun part... waiting for the primer to dry and sanding

Then cleaning, priming again, waiting and sanding.

I figure two more coats of primer nicely sanded. Then 3 coats of paint nicely sanded.

One thing I haven't been able to find is spraycans of clearcoat. At least at Canadian Tire.

I might have to try Home Depot...

Also, for edging the holes I cut in the mobo tray, I was thinking of using 1/8" tubing, but it looks like crap. What do you guys use? I've seen guys with nice black rubber edging material.
In regards to clear coats, you have to choose the right one in relation to the type of paint you will be using for the top coat.

As for edging, I've never ordered from these guys, but that's what you want: UChannel
Old February 24, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the link.

I'm trying to find a clearcoat from the same company that makes the paint, but no luck.

I'll keep looking. I still have a few more coats of primer/paint before I even get to the clearcoat stage.
Old February 24, 2008, 10:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

Hehe, your more gutsy then me right now, I'm waiting for the snow to start melting before I begin modding mine XD
Old March 2, 2008, 08:50 AM
Top Prospect

hey supergrover, is your rad sucking on cold air thru the front, pushing it through the case, and then spewing it out the back? or is it sucking cold air thru the back and pushing it out the front? Have you experimented to see which of these is better? my case has a triple rad in the front covering all 9 bays , also internally mounted
Old March 2, 2008, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That is a very good question. The direction of the fans is something that would be interesting to figure out.

Also... here's a question:
These fans?
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...e&promoid=1055

or these?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...facture=Scythe

I'm thinking I'd like the quieter 1200 RPB ones... especially for the external rad. Should I go push/pull then?

For the internal rad I'm going to have my Red LED Tri-Cools on the front side for the effect of the red lighting (probably set them at medium/low speed) with some more of the Scythe fans pulling on the inside (space permitting of course).

Also, space-permitting, I'd like to use a shroud. But of course the shroud can only go on one side or I'm going to run out of internal real estate. Should I bother with the shroud with a push/pull where the shroud is only on one side? If so, which side, the push side or the pull side?
Old March 2, 2008, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninio View Post
hey supergrover, is your rad sucking on cold air thru the front, pushing it through the case, and then spewing it out the back? or is it sucking cold air thru the back and pushing it out the front? Have you experimented to see which of these is better? my case has a triple rad in the front covering all 9 bays , also internally mounted
It pulls from the front into the case, I get a high level of dust where I live, mill just up the road, so I want the filters working as much as possible. Even cleaning every two weeks in the summer they get caked, even with a HEPA filter 4' away

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton