Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2011, 01:50 PM
Rookie

Default NZXT Whisper

Well, let me start off by saying this is my first mod in a very, very long time so its nothing to extreme (next one should be better.) This is also the first mod my girlfriend as ever done and so I let her pick out the case, colors, and fans.

The plan.

2x 120mm fans in the roof and changing out all stock fan
Varies case lighting and sleeving cables.
Side window (will have to wait a while)
Watercooling CPU and possibly GPU(s).

Going to be a day to day PC and gaming rig then move to being a HTPC or gifted to a friend once the major rigs are done by the end of the year (waiting on X79 and Bulldozer to show up and see what they got.

Some of these will take a while, working on a budget and need some tools as well as the hardware to go in it. I'm sure most of you know how that goes.

Hardware is going to be a core i3 540, EVGA P55 FTW, 4GB of middle of the road ram and most likely a 6870 or pair of 6770's.

Not going to bored you with to many pics of the pre-modded case as a whole, but here is some close ups of the factory finish.

Uneven and rough though not to bad from a few feet away. Took a lot of sanding and whatever kind of paint this is it clogs up the paper in just a few strokes so had to keep cleaning the paper as I went.

New purple color (hasn't been wet sanded or buffed yet.) I had been hoping this would be a bit darker but it actually worked out well against the black.

rear case panel in new satin black coat. It didn't come out perfect but hey it was a spray painted out side in the wind in east Texas dust, surprised it came out so good.