Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2011, 09:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default From Q6600 to Sandy Bridge

So this all started with a simple step-up from a GTX 460 to a GTX 580. This of course made me want to do a full upgrade.

Before the new parts:

Here are all the new parts (no the cat was not part of the upgrade)

First picture after getting everything installed.

Definitely a much cleaner look than before.

Nice look at the 580, now I just need a second one for SLI.

Here we can see the led code, power and reset buttons. Plus there is the Asus that is lite up, the thing is I don't even remember reading about that. I'm sure I did but I don't recall. Either way it is a nice touch.

And with this you can see one of the reasons I wanted the deluxe, the front usb 3 ports. I do think it matches really well with the front of my case.

So that is it for upgrades for the time being. I know I am thinking of another 580, but food, rent, clothes for the kids, etc. just have to come first.

Old April 1, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

good choice on the Vengence memory.. stuff is rock solid.
Old April 22, 2011, 03:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

why are your fans from the rad pulling hot air inside the case than pushing outside ?

and good choice for the Scythe fan... very powerful fan for 35dba

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 780 3GB
2x 4GB G.Skills Trident X DD3-2400
NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black / Enermax Revolution 920W
A-DATA S510 120GB OS / A-DATA SX900 256GB Games / WD Black 1TB Misc

Canadian Eh ?
Old April 22, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0k0 View Post
why are your fans from the rad pulling hot air inside the case than pushing outside ?

and good choice for the Scythe fan... very powerful fan for 35dba
Its how Corsair says to set the up and you'll see a slight temp difference
Old April 22, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
rock solid.
That's what your mom said. Yeah corsair says to have cool air drawing in which would work fine because it looks like he has top exhaust setup in his case so its not a big deal. I used to have it setup like that in my CM690 since it had top exhaust but I have my H50 exhausting in my current case. You're temp may drop a degree or 2 drawing air from outside the case. Only a good idea if you have top exhaust.
Old April 23, 2011, 10:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nice setup.. Just waiting for my GT fans for my H50 also. Cant find them anywhere in stock.
Old April 23, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
That's what your mom said. Yeah corsair says to have cool air drawing in which would work fine because it looks like he has top exhaust setup in his case so its not a big deal. I used to have it setup like that in my CM690 since it had top exhaust but I have my H50 exhausting in my current case. You're temp may drop a degree or 2 drawing air from outside the case. Only a good idea if you have top exhaust.
The funny thing is Corsair never really took into thought if you have a high end gpu dumping gobs of heat out the back that this thing would suck in
Old April 23, 2011, 10:49 AM
MVP

My System Specs

That is a very nice rig you got there, great job About the blow inwards Corsair, I would have made a duct from the fan to the fan at the top of the case. Would solve much of the hot air in the case problem.
Old May 21, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I have made another addition to this build, the Corsair Obsidian 650D.

Figured with the 580 and the fact that I want to get another one, I better get a case that has a bit better airflow. I'm going to take my old case and either put my server stuff in it or put the spare parts from the Q6600 build into it for my kids.

I will get some pictures up once I have this all done and installed.

Old May 22, 2011, 09:45 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

When I was using the H70, I had originally set it up how corsair suggests, pulling air from outside the case.. However, I had better temps when I set it up as exhaust out the back.

I decided that the reason for that, was because the H70 was pulling the hot air that both my video cards were exhausting, back through the rad. So idle temps were fine, but load temps were hot.

All in all, I was quite dissapointed with the H70, but to be fair, Ive got my chip pushed as far as it can go, so maybe less of an overclock would be better suited to it.