Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2011, 03:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I really appreciate all the positive feedback from the Admins, "Hall of Famer's", HWC Reviewers, the rest of the HWC commuity, and especially from the man himself...Daz.
Without people like these; we, that are new to this hobby (?), would probably not venture into the darkened area of water cooling.

I Thank you all

Homer J. Simpson
Old April 5, 2011, 09:51 AM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Nice mods! I had to laugh a bit nervously to myself at the ridiculous nature of doing that entire project on your coffee table. Not out of jest, but because I did all of my mods on a small patio table on my apartment balcony. Kudos to you for finding a way to get it done with the limited space.

What did you use to cut out that side window?

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support
Old April 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks Nic;
I used an el-cheapo Black and Decker jigsaw, with 18 TPI blades...unfortunately; U.S. (and Canada) snail mail being what it is, I'm still waiting for some u-channel from the States to finish off the window and the top radiator holes-it's too bad it couldn't have arrived before my going back to work this past Monday.

As for the table; it's the only place I've got in my tiny 1 bedroom, fortunately, I'm the only one living here...nobody to tell me cleanup after myself.

Homer J. Simpson
Old April 5, 2011, 03:12 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN69 View Post
Thanks Nic;
I used an el-cheapo Black and Decker jigsaw, with 18 TPI blades...unfortunately; U.S. (and Canada) snail mail being what it is, I'm still waiting for some u-channel from the States to finish off the window and the top radiator holes-it's too bad it couldn't have arrived before my going back to work this past Monday.

As for the table; it's the only place I've got in my tiny 1 bedroom, fortunately, I'm the only one living here...nobody to tell me cleanup after myself.
I'd imagine that you paid for first-class mail. The slowest of the slow. If offered, the USPS Priority flat rate boxes have pretty cheap international rates and quick delivery times.

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support
Old April 5, 2011, 03:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Looks great, and it's especially impressive as a first attempt at a full mod. (Those first cuts are really scary!!! ;) ).

The only comment I'd make is that while the dremmel is your friend, I'm much more comfortable with a good set of both full size and jewelers' files. It may take a bit longer using an old style manual file, but it's much more forgiving, and a hell of a lot easier to get exactly what you're looking for.

So.... are we taking bets as to how long before the mod bug bites again????? ;)

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old April 6, 2011, 01:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

In answer to the question about delivery choices; there was only one option (unfortunately), the seller delivers packages to Canada via 1st Class mail only.

In answer to question # 2: I imagine it's going to be a while nefore the "modding" bug hits again; there are a couple of things left undone; the window/ fan mod molding, the opening of the bottom access hole (there is an access hole that looks like it was supposed to be opened up, but never was), sanding the corners of the fans to have them all fit flush (in the top indentation).

Then there's the install of the XSPC reservoir adapter completing the fill port-->reservoir line, and installation of a Scythe 6-channel fan controller.

Homer J. Simpson
Old April 8, 2011, 01:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Did you receive the U channel from mnpctech.com yet? I ordered one too and waiting for one.
Old April 8, 2011, 02:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Received the 12 feet that I ordered (finally); between the 8 days to have the e-check clear, then another 15 days for the U.S. snail mail...total: 23 days from point A to point B.

This should do me for this build, and any subsequent builds in the future.

B.

Homer J. Simpson
Old April 8, 2011, 04:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'm a fan of the water block being visible from the front of the case. It looks very good, how ever I am not a huge fan on the side panel window wouldn't it have been easier just to order a 800D? Good work though I have never attempted a water cooling set up before but i am interested in it, how much would it cost just for the cpu to be water cooled?

SteelSeries 6Gv2 // SteelSeries Kana White // Steelseries Siberiasv2 White // BenQ XL2410T // Samsung 2233rz
Old April 8, 2011, 04:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yes; it would have been much easier to order the 800D, but when have you ever seen the 800D on sale for $149.99? This is the price that I got the 700D at.

I have yet to tally the total cost of the bill (this would included the u-channel, tools, watercooling kit, odds and ends)...but the actual kit to cool my CPU only was $200, a variety of kits can be purchased at dazmode.com Complete Watercooling Kits the support for anything to do with water cooling is fantastic, many payment options, and all orders are delivered through Canada Post (may not be the fastest-compared to UPS or Purolator-but all components arrived without even a scratch on the box).

Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by BMAN69; April 8, 2011 at 04:47 PM.