Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2011, 05:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Dell 3000 series Cases

Just a heads-up but I'm sure most already know. These are excellent cases to work with for an M-atx mobo.
You see them every day for sale with outdated hardware on your local kijiji site. Inflated prices on the system but at the right price these cases are a steal!!
The cooling has a little to be desired, 92mm up front with filter, 92 mm on the back plus your psu drawing out air. Remember we're talking M-ATX. Good so far, it gets better..
The case itself meseares 7.25Wx14.5Hx16L and with an M-atx board installed 13" are available for a v-card with the h-drive cage remooved.
They're heavy!! Thats whats makes then solid, Bomb Proof
Just a little bit of moodding required for the front fan filter

Pics to follow...Don't get all lovey/dovey in your hearts and minds about this being the next greatest exploit or adventure just an example of old thinking recycled...D Suzuki might be impressed; not that I care

Last edited by howpet; February 21, 2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old February 22, 2011, 11:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I really hate Dell but I agree with you.
Old February 25, 2011, 01:55 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I'm a little slow getting back with the pic...
With the hardrive remooved there's ample room for just about any video card imaginable.
Remount the the h-drive in the old floppy bracket.
On the back wall behind the sata cables is a small bracket which should accept an SSD.
92 mm exhaust fan and up front another 92 mm fan with filter. Just needs a little touch with a Dremel to fit.
These came with two 5.25" bays. One for your dvd and the other for whatever your needs.
Everything looks a little cramped but if you can get one cheap and have some extra hardware lying around...Go Build
Attached Images