Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2011, 06:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So I've been kinda swamped with preparing ready for interviews and whatnot, since getting a job is priority one compared to this. Today was my first afternoon off in a while so I did some more work.

Side cover panels are now sized and fitted. next up is trial attachment.

this is the whole case, but nothing is held together at the moment.

next as I said will be trial placement on of the sides ( I say trial since they will need to come pf for body work and paint) also comming up is the cutting of the vents, and relocating and welding them back in. Recently got things with my mig sorted out so it should be good to go!
Old June 12, 2011, 06:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Its been quite a while since I've updated this. I have not given up in anyway, but just the progress has slowed down since i started a job. making buying parts easy, but i have to drive home on the weekends for the manual labor bits.

so progress? of course, got the rear louvers welded to the back, still not perfect and needs a bunch more tacks, grinding, filling/smoothing.. well the list goes on.

however i did get some goodies in the mail in the last few weeks. starting with a swiftech 420rad, a bunch of shiny compression fittings, and a new ek4870x2 waterblock. unfortunately i forgot the 420 rad at home, so pics coming soon.

My goal is to have this new case finished by the end of august, at this rate it will be a push, but not unreasonable. more to come without such a long time between updates, sorry again.
Old June 13, 2011, 06:52 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Knew I remembered that name from somewhere. Will be keeping my eye on this build!
Old June 13, 2011, 09:17 PM
MVP

Glad to hear your working, thats always good for $$ - modding

Very unique case to mod, I like the drawings. Good luck and happy modding
Old November 3, 2011, 04:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

so after months of collecting parts something terrible has happened. There seems to have been some confusion between me and my parents, and my case was accidently sent to the scrap pile a few months ago.

anywho, after some more months of parts collection, it was time for a new case, the Elysium fell right into place. Without further ado some pictures of the build so far.
Old November 3, 2011, 04:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Daztoys

new board. Alot of people hate this board, I don't mind it

new case box versus old box

Last edited by Amarthfea; November 3, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old November 3, 2011, 05:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

wanted another rad so I can run 2 360's in this case. but was able to barely squeeze a 420 in the top instead :)

right now i have on the new GT blacks at 5400rpm more on these bad boys later.

system no boot, had to test it outside the case for accidental ground. turned out to be 6 bent cpu pins, works fine now

with the mobo in place you can see just how much interior room this case has to offer even with this atx board.

as a reference

yeah it was pretty full in there, not to mention my 360 was bolted to the outside of my case.
Old November 3, 2011, 05:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Just a dry fit with the rad and fans installed, needed to be sure everything would flow the way I envisioned.

loop almost completed

Ideally I wanted both 4870x2's WC'd but for now one will do and keep the other on air, until the bay adapter for the front of the Elysium comes out (soon ? )

Everything back together

Old November 3, 2011, 05:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Finally some night shots, sorry for the low quality my camera isn't great, but for 20 bucks it does the trick.

I really wanted to show how nice the red of the tubing looks without a lot of light on it. exactly what I was hoping for and compliments the board well, unlike the orange in some of my other photos when my room is really well lit.

On a Side note I really wanted to talk about cooling capacity, this 420 has 6 GT black's at 5400 rpm, huge air pushers. with just 3 of these fans running at full speed, and everything fully stressed (furmark and prime) i see max 40 on my second core on the gpu, about 30 on the cpu with the room at about 20. so that's a huge improvement over the fan on the gpu when the card would hit the 80's. I'm really excited to see what my temps are like with all 6 running, just need a few more fan connectors.