Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2011, 07:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Post your Apartment - Design Ideas etc..!

Well,
As some of you know, i just moved to Toronto and got myself my first decent apartment. The place i lived in Windsor was a complete shithole, so it wasn't worth posting anything like this. Anyways, i have no "design" skills, and really want this to stand out, especially when i have people over.

So i decided to create this thread for people who, like me, aspire to have something nice, but have no clue what to do with it. It also gives people the chance to show off what they've done with their place.. and to give other people ideas.

Basically, I have a large walk-down studio. Looking at ways to divide the bedroom area from the rest of the unit, and so its not visible from the stairs... no idea how I'm going to do it. any ideas?
Here's my pad:

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old February 4, 2011, 07:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Nice looking place, I'm jealous with the student crapholes I've rented. For the bedroom I recommend a privacy wall/divider
Old February 4, 2011, 07:50 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Can't see the pic because im at work (tis blocketh'd), but I wonder: How high is the ceiling there? Always thought it would be cool to have a raised platform for a bed with like a desk or something underneath. I've seen kids versions at Ikea and i always got jealous... lol
Old February 4, 2011, 07:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Can't see the pic because im at work (tis blocketh'd), but I wonder: How high is the ceiling there? Always thought it would be cool to have a raised platform for a bed with like a desk or something underneath. I've seen kids versions at Ikea and i always got jealous... lol
The ceilings are pretty low. 6ft at the lowest, and around 7ish at the highest points. Its in the basement of a century house. I'm thinking of getting one of those low laying beds from ikea like the malm or like. The bed frame i have now, is metal and has wheels... and the bitches wont lock... so could be dangerous some nights with it resting on hardwood floors. lol.

I'm thinking of hanging some curtains as a room divider, and I think I found an option. Ikea has these curtain wires for dirt cheap. So i can get some panels and weights to keep them from moving and maybe add some interesting lighting options lol :)

----------------
---------------
Instagram Twitter
Old February 4, 2011, 08:10 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

That works too, sorry for my lack-of-seeing-your-pic suggestion. Gotta love Ikea though, always has great cheap ideas from most houses.
Old February 4, 2011, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
That works too, sorry for my lack-of-seeing-your-pic suggestion. Gotta love Ikea though, always has great cheap ideas from most houses.
No worries :D
That would be pretty cool though, to have a queen/king bed on a platform and the ability to have that extra space under to put a desk or couch, etc.... I wish i had the space :) would kinda be like being a kid again lol.

----------------
---------------
Instagram Twitter
Old February 4, 2011, 01:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

And it would open up a lot more space for activities.

Edit: I'll add some more on to this post. :P Have you considered moving your bedroom to where your tv is now, and then moving the tv and couchs down to where the bed is? Then put the tv on the wall right at the bottom of the stairs.

Last edited by Iphikratous; February 4, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old February 4, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wow thats a nice apt ya got there i am terrible at stuff like this ( i have my dining room table in my living room lol )
Old February 4, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphikratous View Post
And it would open up a lot more space for activities.

Edit: I'll add some more on to this post. :P Have you considered moving your bedroom to where your tv is now, and then moving the tv and couchs down to where the bed is? Then put the tv on the wall right at the bottom of the stairs.
First off, I am jealous. My student appt or the first one we got once we finished our studies were not that nice.

I would agree about moving the bed. The way I understand it, when you come from outside you face the bed directly ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old February 4, 2011, 01:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Nice apt! Can you paint the walls/drill holes? or are you just limited to moving furniture around?

Looks like a basement of a heritage building (or am I totally off), if only you could expose some of the original brickwork :P

Rig // PC-A7010 :: 1050W :: Rampage :: Q6600 :: 8GB :: GTX 260
X25-V :: 4x 1TB RAID-5 :: 2x 1TB RAID-1 :: 4x 1.5TB :: 1x 2TB
G15v2 :: MX-518 :: Xonar DX :: 7 Pro x64

2408WFP :: DT770/80 :: Onkyo TX-SR605 :: Klipsch RB-61 :: SVS PB10-NSD