Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2011, 09:05 PM
MVP

Hi nice place. Try using dresser as divider maybe next to post, use fabric on back then you can hang picture on it. Leave the top open giving light and will make it look larger. Then use the weighted curtain to finish off bedroom, Looks like 2 feet between post and bed, so turn bed were dresser is the 2 lights would be in front of dresser either side. Experiment and enjoy your very nice apt:)
Old February 4, 2011, 09:14 PM
Banned
F@H

nice. how high is the ceiling, and are the walls strong? you could add some exercise equipment in there

aka build your own monkey room lol. works very well for upper body, abs,etc :)

for those that dont get it, go to the nearest park and suspend yourself on the bar for 60 secs. if you can do it again after that, youre ok maite.
Old February 5, 2011, 10:13 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hey! I have the same Ikea computer desk as you! Assuming you feel the same way about it, I wouldn't trade that desk for anything! lol.
Old February 5, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywork View Post
Hey! I have the same Ikea computer desk as you! Assuming you feel the same way about it, I wouldn't trade that desk for anything! lol.
Actually. As much as i love the jerker. i'd trade it for a Galant any day.
In saying that. if anyone in Toronto, with a van or car, whohas an L Shaped Galant, they want to sell or trade for my jerker, let me know lol

I'm going to re-arrange the "bed" area shortly. There is a bit of a problem with the apartment as a whole and i don't want to finalize anything right away.

I dont really know the details, but my "space" is connected to the furnace room, and apparently there isnt air coming from "outside" to the flu, so, I might have to move the room, or something, or they may need to drill a hole in the foundation and add a 2in pipe to give the furnace fresh air.... just waiting to find out before i completely settle in.

But my idea is to use drapes and the dresser to isolate the bed area from the space... maybe get a cheap lcd tv and mount it on the dresser somehow... we'll see lol.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter

Last edited by mattlef; February 5, 2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old February 5, 2011, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Book cases make good deviders and have storage also .
Old February 7, 2011, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I have an idea but I'm not entirely sure it will work. Would you mind taking one or two more pics for me pls? A view facing the wall where you have the painting/plywood standing from roughly where your bed is would be perfect, if you don't mind of course.

Also, please please please paint the kitchen walls something different...except for pink...actually anything day-glo or otherwise super bright probably wouldn't work...

Are you a summer person or a winter person?
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old February 8, 2011, 04:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

holy shit that's small. but well.. i'm in NS, where apartments can be found quite larger, and half the cost of Toronto (it's all relative to where you live) My last apt before my house was 1200 sq ft 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom for $1350/mo w/ underground heated parking. :)

Anyways, comments aside.. what I would do - pertains to your second picture. See your bed? move it to the right towards the wall. See the dresser on the right? put it on the left, beside the beam to start a wall. Add another dresser for storage beside it to close off your new "wall".. put something on the other side of the dresser if it's unfinished in the back (which I assume it is)
Turn your shoe mat the other way, so it doesn't go under the bed.

Of course, coming down the stairs, you'll be looking at your bed.. so you could put a stand up divider in front of your bed. That's the more classy way.. but if you want to go the "total bachelor route" hang a freaking canadian flag from the bottom of the ceiling there! (or, if you're even more bachelor, a beer company flag)

I wish I had paint or something here at work.. and a way to upload the pictures.. there's so many ways you can orient your bed / dresser combination.. it's just which one would be best for storage and 'flow' to the room, while separating your bedroom from the rest (if that's what you're going for)

Now that i'm looking at it again.. is the door on the left, in your second picture a closet door, or what? And, I'm just wondering.. where does the door by your stove go to?

And for a fresh air intake for a furnace.. a 2" pipe isn't big enough.. most places need a 3-4" for a standard home. But that's not your problem if you're renting (unless you have to split heat).. if a furnace doesn't get enough air, it has to work hard and is inefficient.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 24, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
I have an idea but I'm not entirely sure it will work. Would you mind taking one or two more pics for me pls? A view facing the wall where you have the painting/plywood standing from roughly where your bed is would be perfect, if you don't mind of course.

Also, please please please paint the kitchen walls something different...except for pink...actually anything day-glo or otherwise super bright probably wouldn't work...

Are you a summer person or a winter person?
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the late replys to this thread.
Work has me going insane. Have had very little time to do anything at all. Thank god for agency hours eh? lol At least OT should be decent lol.

i'll get some of those pics up this weekend...

As well, i'll show a few pics of what I think I can do with a 'bedroom' area

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter